Piano Roll CRASH

n-track crashed while trying to quantize and audition a few measures of a bass sequence in the piano roll.

can’t say exactly why. I’ve had numerous crashes while working in the piano roll.

n-track crashed again. This time it was when exiting (closing) the piano roll and it created a .dmp Where do we send the .dmp?

I think I had this crash on Saturday…

I think best thing is to attach the .dmp file to an email to info@ntrack.com with details of your system and what you were doing at the time.

Cheers

Martin

I’ve had crashes when working in the piano roll lately too. Don’t know if it’s a new problem since I’ve not used the piano roll that much earlier. Otherwise the program seems to be quite stable on my setup right now.

I crashed it again clicking on the ‘quantize’ button in the piano roll.

I’ll send the .bmp’s when I get a chance.

The crashing in the piano roll is not a new phenomena. It’s hard to say exactly what causes it because it doesn’t happen simply with one click. My method is recording a few measures or parts of a song often with several ctrl/z (undo). And also some editing at times. It may have something to do with highlighted (selecting) several notes at the time and clicking on something after a few takes and ctrl/z.

The audio recording and timeline used to crash a lot too especially when editing, but the latest builds seem solid in that area. Hopefully the piano roll can be made more sturdy.