Placing wave files at precise point in timeline

Hi people,

First of all Im not at my usual pc so I can’t see ntrack, and so excuse my ignorance. I’m a drummer. I’ve recorded a song using eight microphones. One of my songs speeds up and slows down, and so I’ve recorded it with a metronome earpiece, in two parts, thus usign a total of sixteen tracks.

I’ve already got my drum mix sorted for plugins and groups on those first eight tracks. I could of course duplicate these settings on to tracks 9-16, but that seems really messy and unecessary. I’d like to drag the files up on to the first eight tracks ( presumably there is an option to blend the audio in the files ? ). I tried this briefly this morning and it fast becasme a real mess - things never seemed to line up well no matter how much I zoomed and dragged.

So is there a way to move multiple files to exact points on preexisting tracks on the timeline?

Thanks

Quote: (spooner @ Feb. 03 2010, 7:42 PM)

Hi people,

First of all Im not at my usual pc so I can't see ntrack, and so excuse my ignorance. I'm a drummer. I've recorded a song using eight microphones. One of my songs speeds up and slows down, and so I've recorded it with a metronome earpiece, in two parts, thus usign a total of sixteen tracks.

I've already got my drum mix sorted for plugins and groups on those first eight tracks. I could of course duplicate these settings on to tracks 9-16, but that seems really messy and unecessary. I'd like to drag the files up on to the first eight tracks ( presumably there is an option to blend the audio in the files ? ). I tried this briefly this morning and it fast becasme a real mess - things never seemed to line up well no matter how much I zoomed and dragged.

So is there a way to move multiple files to exact points on preexisting tracks on the timeline?

Thanks

There is option, right click on track (on newer versions of n-track) to place cursor at beginning of part and place part at cursor. This allows for precise placement of files on the time line.

Hope this helps,

PACO

Thanks Paco. I didn’t know that one.