playback "crackle"

I’m now getting faint short and random “crackles” or “tics” during playback…only in n-track…the random “static” -yeah, sounds like electromagnetic interferrance IS NOT in the recording.
my recordings, if saved as wav or MP3, will playback clean with Windows Media player on the same computer.
The random crackling happens with both headphones or speakers, and only during n-track playback…Anyone have suggestions of what to look for?
Sounds a little like dust on an old vinyl record :)
version 7.0.3 7x64 3107

Yup, I do, Make sure your volume in WINDOWS “PLAYBACK” is at or around 85% and not 100%, because then you’ll get distortion, pops and clicks during playback. It’s just a thought and most likely the issue.

Let us know.

PACO

Quote: (PickNGrin @ Jan. 13 2014, 3:14 PM)

I'm now getting faint short and random "crackles" or "tics" during playback...only in n-track...the random "static" -yeah, sounds like electromagnetic interferrance IS NOT in the recording.
my recordings, if saved as wav or MP3, will playback clean with Windows Media player on the same computer.
The random crackling happens with both headphones or speakers, and only during n-track playback....Anyone have suggestions of what to look for?
Sounds a little like dust on an old vinyl record :)
version 7.0.3 7x64 3107

Please see the following FAQ:
http://ntrack.com/faq.php?category=1&entry=11

What kind of audio drivers are you using, MME, WDM, WaveRT, Asio? What buffering is set in the Settings -> Buffering settings box?

Flavio.

FIXED! I want to thank you for responding and report the fix for future reference.
Indeed I had cranked up playback volume to 98% to accommodate recording a drummer who wanted more volume in his headphones.
Lowering that helped about 50%.
IT WAS MY NEW FURNACE! :angry:
Like others, my home recording and jam area is in my man-cave area of the basement.
I always turn the furnace off to record…but not necessarily to playback / mix.
I bet many of you can relate…heh heh.
We replaced the furnace in December, and I didn’t get much time to play during the holidays.
The new modern furnace is equipped with an electrostatic filter, which I assume, is specifically my static problem.
I’ve gotten into trouble with Wifey for turning off the furnace and forgetting.
So has my brother.
So we now place an item on the stairs as a reminder…if we forget, when we go upstairs the item reminds us to turn the furnace back on.
Thanks again,
-Mark