Playing with a Vocoder

Sorry, Danny. Where were we? Vocoders. When you surf through the freebies, the Analog X is just about the only one that’s worth the hassle - and it’s been around a while. Anyone ever try enveloping a reverb with it (I tried)?

Tom. It’s a good for cyber museum - the house is rammed with woody analoguousness:-)

Hi TomS:

I was unable to get the photo of that amp you posted, to open, here on the Board… However, it opens perfectly with the mail I get in my inbox…
I’ll get a photo posted of the amp I have…
I posted it up there somewhere…

The one you have is in better condition than the one I have…
It may have been owned by someone who kept it in their closet…
The one I have has the classic Gibson Toilex and Grill Cloth and may have seen a lot of stage work, during it’s days…

I’m gonna look at that old page I have… It might be posted up there…
NO…
NOT There…
I don’t know where those photos got posted…
???
Anyway, I’ll get it out and take/post some photos, of it…

I’m just like a teenage kid around old musical gear…
Why is that ????

Bill…

Bill, that was just a picture I found on the web, but it is the exact model I had. Mine was "borrowed’ by a singer in one of my bands, who took it to Boston and probably sold it for food or something. I only wish I still had it! One knob, crank it up to full and blast away - used to run it through a big Traynor cabinet - sounded great with my Ric.

I love the old Talk boxes, ala “Rocky Mountain Way” and “Do You Feel Like I Do”. The difference between those and the vocoder is that you shape the sound of the guitar with your mouth, but your voice isn’t supposed to be part of the sound. With the vocoder, the sound of your voice is shaped by the instrument (in my case, my old beat-up generic strat, lol!)