Please give me some feedback

I know this is wrong forum

Hope I don´t upset you guys by posting in the wrong forum…I really need feedback.,…I am going to mix this song at my friends house in a few days (he´s got pro equipment and great monitors unlike me) he does´nt have n-track so i have to mixdown the song first. let me know what you think before I do the final adjustings.
By the way, this is mys first N-Track song ever and I love the software!!! Near me

I enjoyed it. Cool work. A question. What format did you post on Geocities so it would stream? I run a few websites that are for pay and haven’t figured out which audio format to have for streaming… Could you email the answer to jon@ancmca.org? Thanks.

Good job.

Vocals are not distinct enough for me. This does not mean they need to be louder, could be a matter of EQ, although they do seem a bit buried.

Quote (TomS @ Feb. 08 2005,12:02)
Vocals are not distinct enough for me. This does not mean they need to be louder, could be a matter of EQ, although they do seem a bit buried.

Thank you very much for you feedback. The vocals (sung by my beatiful friend Johanna) is actually 5 overdubs!!! That may be the reason why they sound buried, personally I like it, but the reason why I put this song on the forum is this, I have probably listened to this track approx.200 times or more during recording, and after that many listenings you get used to the sound and after a while you think everything sounds good. Therefore I want somebody else to have a listen and give me their first opinion. So I take your advice very seriously, someone else said the vocals could be a liitle bit louder, so there is definetely something about the vocals that can be changed. On the other hand, I played this track to a friend of mine who said that the sound of the vocals was the best thing he had ever heard so??????? I will spend some time with the vocals and figure something out. Thanks again for your reply, It´s very appreciated.

Wonderful song! Suggestion: bring one of those vocal tracks out front and center it, then play around with the volume on that track. That might do it. Another idea: do the above but have her talk the lyrics in that one track, it might adapt well with the singing. Experiment. Good luck.

The vocals have a very good sound, and having them buried a bit is an artistic possibility; I’d just prefer that they be a bit more out in front - given that they do have such a good sound, they are really the focal point, in my ears. :) But it might not be a volume issue, it could be the use of reverb or EQ or something.

Quote (TomS @ Feb. 09 2005,07:38)
The vocals have a very good sound, and having them buried a bit is an artistic possibility; I'd just prefer that they be a bit more out in front - given that they do have such a good sound, they are really the focal point, in my ears. :) But it might not be a volume issue, it could be the use of reverb or EQ or something.

Hi, I think I know what you mean, the voulme is quite good I think, maybe there´s too much reverb?, i haven´t really done so much EQ, boosed the middle freq a little bit (I have an old UHER microphone from the 70´s, I don´t know how good it is) to make the vocals a little bit more distinct. First I let her sing the lyrics 5 times (and then I did a mixdown off all 5 tracks) then I panned the track 90% to left, cloned the track and panned the other one 90% to the right) so there´s a total of 10!!! voices, plus my whisperings(also cloned and panned right and left) overproduced or what?!!:) I´ll try to pick out one of the vocals part and put in the middle and without any reverb, maybe that will do it. Thank you again for your advices. i am kind of new to recording. (Before I bought N.Track I did all of my recordings on a Fostex x-26, 4 track multitracker, from 1988 !!)

Thank you guys for listening to my song!