PLEASE HELP...Offset info does not work properly

PLEASE HELP…Offset info does not work

Hi everyone,

I tried to import the WAV file to other DAW such as Cubase or Protools but somehow the offset information does not work properly. When I import the WAV file to these tools, it starts from 00:00 all the time.

Is there any way how I can properly set the offset so that it’s importable from other DAWs?

Steve

The offset information as far as I know is not embedded into the wave file. This information is stored in the .sng file as far as I know. You can do this. In NT, right click and select place cursor at beginning of part. Then write down the time indicted for the time line cursor position. Import the wave to your other daw software and then place the file at the same spot on your other daws time line. Hopefully there are features to do this in the other daws, IE: Place part at cursor or time line position.

PACO

I think Broadcast Wavs contain time information. Might be worth a try to investigate if n-track can generate these.

Nick

I’ve been able to resolve this using Bounce. The Bounce functionality allows me to add empty space starting from 0:00.

Quote: (nick @ Sep. 24 2012, 12:19 PM)

I think Broadcast Wavs contain time information. Might be worth a try to investigate if n-track can generate these.

Nick

n-Track always generates broadcast wavefiles for recorded files. So if you re-import them into an n-Track song (or into any other software that supports broadcast wavefiles) the program will ask if you want to place the file at the original offset at which if was recorded.

Flavio.

Shows you how much I know…Learn something new everyday.

PACO