Please... oh pretty please...

M:B:T ruler on the timeline… PLEASE?

Boy would this make tools like EZDrummer and such much, easier to use in n-Track. Make the grid display and snap to M:B:T too please. Actually, that behavior exists for the grid I think… it just looks and feels clunky when setting MIDI stuff with no Measures:Beats:Ticks on the timeline. Both time and M:B:T at the SAME time is truly nice. Also, any new MIDI clip dragged and dropped from EZDrummer creates a NEW MIDI track when you WANT it ALL on the same track. Fix it. Pretty please?

Thanks,

D

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock

Those lined up nicely.

LOL… I dropped you a PM Poppa… chec-chec-check it out… :p

D - on a mission from God to convert PW into a MIDI-head! :O

Got it D - click and drag would be a nice feature without creating a new track.

right click in the time axix ruler - TIME FORMAT - select M.B.T -

see if thats what you want -

EDIT - GRID PROPERTIES - set up grid - snap to grid is default can be turned off -

M.R.

Quote: (Magic Rabbit @ Jul. 22 2008, 12:40 AM)

right click in the time axix ruler - TIME FORMAT - select M.B.T -

see if thats what you want -

EDIT - GRID PROPERTIES - set up grid - snap to grid is default can be turned off -

M.R.

Boy I feel like an oaf... Yep you can set M:B:T on the ruler. I think I knew that but forgot in my frustration... I'm scopin' out EZD and a few MIDI things for PW. Gotta make him a MIDI head... (Help me out here M.R. Must convert PW... Must convert PW... I have the voo-doo doll, you got any pins?)

Now I will change my feature request to;

Pleas oh please... pretty please... can we have BOTH Time and M:B:T on the ruler? (What can I say? I'm greedy...) :)

There are some graphic weirdness issues going on too. When I drag a MIDI clip that I KNOW is 1 Measure long, it doesn't fit the grid UNTIL I drag or copy/paste a second instance of the clip. Then it DOES fill the measure but the new one is short?

The extra MIDI tracks is annoying as all get out too. Specially on a small screened laptop.

One other thing... EZDrummer will not initialize upon loading unless you toggle the Preset name drop-down. Not a big deal if you know the trick... but it it supposed to immediately initialize with the default kit as soon as it's loaded.

This may be a prime opportunity for me to try that new-fangled screen capture-vatin' video wanking thing-a-ma-bob... *AHnold Voice* "Ah'll be baack."

D
Quote:

can we have BOTH Time and M:B:T on the ruler?

I can't check right now, but I think there are rulers at both the top and the bottom of the timeline, so you can have both time formats visible at the same time, even if they aren't both at the top...or bottom.

Let’s see…

Try this…

EDIT: NEVERMIND!! I’ll have to figure out why the stupid Photobucket video links will not work…

My first attempt… yeah it’s lousy… but I’m learning.

No audio but you can see what I was talking about…

D

D, are you taking up my old cause that I sort of forgot about?

you say that the MIDI clip was 1 measure long - is this 1 meaeure in another app ? i ask because Ns grid is set to 120 BPM by default a MIDI clip fram another app may be at a different tempo so will difer in size, how it then gets to fit the grid after pasteing is beyond ME -

one new feature in V6 is that you can now record MIDI live, in previous versions the timeline did not run with just an empty MIDI track in it - you had to add a audio track, mute it and then record your MIDI - now you just open a blank MIDI track click on live, hit record and the timeline runs, BUT THERE ARE BUGS yet to be resolved, but ita a start -

M.R.

I never even had thought to check if the timelines were customizable.

Quote:

you say that the MIDI clip was 1 measure long - is this 1 meaeure in another app ?

Nope. EZD synch's to the host (n-Track) tempo.

Let's try the video thing again... VIDEO (Maybe...)

D

I hit the cymbals with my mouse and every drum on the screen and didn’t hear a thing! wazzup wit dat? :laugh:
Looks simple enough - did the midi parts go where you wanted them to?

Try toggling the “Preset Bar” PW. Did EZD’s progress bar run up and load all the samples? Maybe 267MB worth…

D

EDIT: MIDI clips should all go on the same track you release the mouse button over. n doesn’t do it. It makes a NEW track for every clip.

That was a joke D - I hit the drums in your video… get it?

I’m not even messing with the demo version. I get mine Friday.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jul. 22 2008, 11:07 AM)

That was a joke D - I hit the drums in your video.... get it?

I'm not even messing with the demo version. I get mine Friday.

LOL... I have been "hit and run" posting PW. It's been a BUSY morning around here...

Friday eh? Drummin' fun to be had this weekend.

D

EDIT: Hey Poppa? That video was done with "Camtasia" and was only 902kb in size (WMV format) before uploading to YouTube. Their re-encoding really murders the clarity but it ain't half bad. I'm still toying with the program because there are a gazillion things you can do with it. I.T. dude came through on this one... It's probably MORE than I need though...

Take care of that job - I may need some money.

OK seen the video - NICE WORK -

NOW when an application says it will SYNC to the host, this applies ONLY WHEN THE APP IS PLAYING - not to the length of the MIDU clip - looking at your video i would hazard a guess that the clips generated by EZD are at 132BPM - you can adjust the size on the grid in N by typing in the BPM box try 132 and see how far off the grid is to the clip -

the actual size of the clip does not matter if EZD syncs to N no matter what the original BPM was it will play at 120 BPM (Ns default) -

when you alter the size of the grid you alter the length of the measure - 100 BPM produces a longer measure than 120 BPM - 132 produces a shorter measure - so in N a measure (beat or whatever) is only relative to the grid setting -

hope that makes sense -

M.R.

Hey… I thought I already posted something else yesterday? Wha’ happened? Well anyway…

I see what the one problem is M.R. n-Track stops drawing the MIDI “clip” at the last MIDI note/event. Not a big deal really, it just looks odd until you drop another measure in the track. n-Track handles MIDI differently than what I have become use to using. n-Track handles the data as a TRACK. If you drop multiple pieces of MIDI data on one track it all gets “merged” into one long track. The other proggie handles each “clip” as a separate entity thus they are drag-copyable and such. Each clip or “item” is fully independent but can be linked or ghosted so that an edit in one occurrence of an item affects all occurrences of the item.

I think the above also explains the MIDI drag and drop behavior. n-Track assumes any time the user drops MIDI on the timeline, he wants it in a new track. Nope. Dropping it on the track under the mouse pointer would be preferable IMO.

D