Polls have Bush in lead across the board.

Bush leads in 8/10 major polls
Kerry leads in 1…tied in 1
All leads have grown in the past 2 weeks.
discuss…

Here’s the link.

National Polls

Electoral Vote.

Kerry’s cooked - I don’t see how he can recover at this point.

Oh my goodness. 4 more years to screw the working class, destroy the environment, destabilize the world, and line their own pockets. Well at least by then end of that 4 years it will be totally apparent to everyone…well, then again, people have to look to understand…oh, well, there’s always the liberal media to turn to. When’s Lou Dobbs on? :)

You’ve got that right Tom!

Why isn’t Kerry doing better in WI? He needs to win that state.

Maybe, just maybe, Kerry isn’t the right guy for the job in spite of how bad Bush has done. This is one reason I really really really dislike the anybody-but-that-guy attitude. This election is a perfect example. Some folks are willing to vote for anybody to get Bush out of office. A vote against someone isn’t a vote for someone.

Bush has had years to prove he isn’t worthy yet most voting Americans still think he’s right for the job, based on current poles. Unless we want to change the way our election process works we need to accept whoever wins (and that includes the process to handle disputed outcomes) and have faith that his decisions will be the right thing in the long run even if we disagree with them.

After all they can only serve for 8 years…both good and bad.

If the elected guy makes some huge mistakes there in an election every four years to fix things. If things need fixing in the eyes of the electoral then the guy in office gets voted out.

I’m willing to cast my vote for the guy I think is best for the job even if I don’t agree with all their policies. If the guy I select doesn’t win then there will be an election again in four years.

I may never vote for an eventual winner. That’s life. If I don’t like it here in the US I can always move to Canada or Texas, depending on which side of the fence I’m falling toward at the time.

WMD’s? There all hidden in Syria. Let’s go looking.

Maybe, just maybe, Kerry isn't the right guy for the job in spite of how bad Bush has done. This is one reason I really really really dislike the anybody-but-that-guy attitude. This election is a perfect example. Some folks are willing to vote for anybody to get Bush out of office. A vote against someone isn't a vote for someone.

I agree with you here but I really, really think Kerry will be a better President than Bush (despite what I said when I suggested that you run. I'd still vote for you if you choose to run).

Then that’s why you should vote for him, and why I’ll probably vote for him, though I have serious doubts that he can be an effective leader…but let’s not belly-ache for four years if he looses like so many Gore supporters are still doing.

What will make Kerry ineffective is grid-lock.

The thing about the election of 2000, which is hard to let go off, is that it was the intent of the majority of the people in the US to elect Gore as President. And having +500 votes make it so Bush was elected is just hard to deal with.

Quote (MidnightToker @ Sep. 16 2004,13:32)

The thing about the election of 2000, which is hard to let go off, is that it was the intent of the majority of the people in the US to elect Gore as President. And having +500 votes make it so Bush was elected is just hard to deal with.

Kerry doesn't have a chance. And that's even if he manages to get elected. If Bush gets re-elected, then the Democrats will spend the next 4 years pulling out all the stops to discredit him. If Kerry gets elected, then the Republicans will spend the next 4 years pulling out all the stops to discredit him. Gore wouldn't have had a chance, either, and in my opinion (although I did vote for him), wasn't any better of a choice than Bush. It's absolutely disgraceful the state that politics have fallen into - it's all na-na-na-na-boo-boo from each side to the other and ALL of them have forgotten that they work for the people. The people don't matter anymore - the only thing that matters to the politicians, whichever party they may adhere to, is lining their pockets and securing their pensions that the people pay for and sticking their tongues out at each other. My opinion? Screw 'em all.

The entire political system in the US needs to be dismantled, re-thought and re-built from the ground up with truly a "government BY the people FOR the people". Anymore, the people don't matter.

Idiot.

The entire political system in the US needs to be dismantled, re-thought and re-built from the ground up with truly a "government BY the people FOR the people". Anymore, the people don't matter
I seriously hope you don't believe this.
Quote (IDOIT_SLAPPER @ Sep. 16 2004,18:11)
Quote (MidnightToker @ Sep. 16 2004,13:32)

Kerry doesn't have a chance. And that's even if he manages to get elected. If Bush gets re-elected, then the Democrats will spend the next 4 years pulling out all the stops to discredit him. If Kerry gets elected, then the Republicans will spend the next 4 years pulling out all the stops to discredit him. Gore wouldn't have had a chance, either, and in my opinion (although I did vote for him), wasn't any better of a choice than Bush. It's absolutely disgraceful the state that politics have fallen into - it's all na-na-na-na-boo-boo from each side to the other and ALL of them have forgotten that they work for the people. The people don't matter anymore - the only thing that matters to the politicians, whichever party they may adhere to, is lining their pockets and securing their pensions that the people pay for and sticking their tongues out at each other. My opinion? Screw 'em all.

The entire political system in the US needs to be dismantled, re-thought and re-built from the ground up with truly a "government BY the people FOR the people". Anymore, the people don't matter.

Idiot.

...Yeah, I have to agree with that.

This forum is really full of a bunch of radicals & they all hang out here :laugh:

You know, I think I’m going to run for something. Oh, I know, another beer…

Mike, do you consider yourself radical? I’ve always thought of myself as pretty conservative. I want to conserve our environment, our jobs, our quality fo life, our peace, our kids’ futures… Admit it, you are a conservative too! :)

No I don’t but in the context of this group, we’re all radicals. I’m a conservative like you.

Quote (MidnightToker @ Sep. 16 2004,17:21)
The entire political system in the US needs to be dismantled, re-thought and re-built from the ground up with truly a "government BY the people FOR the people". Anymore, the people don't matter

As a matter of fact, yes, I do believe this. Elections are no longer won/lost on the basis of platform or issues, they're won on marketing and mud slinging. The two parties spend most of their time throwing crap at each other and not nearly enough time doing what they're supposed to be doing - representing the people and ensuring that the people get a fair shake. Taxes are outrageous, government services are horrible, the democrats spend their time talking trash about the republicans and the republicans spend their time talking trash about democrats. Republican rule is responsible for the economy being in the tank because they're too busy lining their own pockets and slapping each other on the back and screwing the lower and middle classes. The Constitution says "a government of the people, by the people" and it's high time we got back to that precept. The current system isn't working.

Just like collaboration/corroboration deal, I just won’t be able to sleep… Is the name “I do it” slapper or idiot slapper? Sorry, I think about these things.

BTW, um yeah, marketing. JFK vs. Nixon set the precedent on that.

You LIKE the way things are, Mike? You approve? "When is it going to stop?" and all that????

Unless you are planning on "serving," Mike, what does our government as it exists today do for you? As a nation, we are so far beyond bankrupt that it isn't even funny - and the gumment continues to grow. Your grandchildren's grandchildren are mortgaged to the hilt to pay the overhead here. And for what? So you can complain about it?

It's good to know there are other souls around who ARE awake - even if they are having trouble spelling "idiot." Or did I miss something? Slap me, Idoit!

So you have outlined the probelm, what’s the solution? In a society with huge conglomerates owning the media, a public who eats it up, how do you change the culture with out going all fascist? Someone’s freedoms will have to be stepped on… either the media conglomerates, the people, someone. I always make a point that when I am bitching about something to think about the solution. Complaining with no effort towards a fix is worthless. As my pappy used to tell me, you are either part of the problem or part of the solution. Where does one start? It seems like a catch 22 to me. You can’t reform government with out electing good people. You can’t elect good people because of the way government works. ???

You LIKE the way things are, Mike? You approve? "When is it going to stop?" and all that?
No but I don't think our system of government is at fault. It's the people who are in it are at fault, and right now you could NOT find ANY system that would work with the way we are in the USA (IMO).