Pope John has passed on

Pope John has left this world into another.

Peace to his new journey and condolences to those who will be missed by his departure.

In honor of Phoo crying all over my comments, I’ve removed them to prevent the further spark of his immagination. Heres a tissue…dab your eyes.

Well… now ya done it… ya went and pissed off the Catholics. Let the multi-page flame-war begin.

:p

removed

Well, I’m not Catholic… but dude thats just plain cold and really uncalled for… Popes are people too.

RIP Pope John Paul II

TG

silvermachina, you are an ass. That’s just totally uncalled for. Go away. You are not welcome here in my opinion. Flavio lives in Rome, and if I was him I’d ban you.

removed

removed

My deep condolences to the Catholics on here. It must be a deep sense of shock and loss for you.

I know that here in Scotland, with its large population of Catholics, grief is widespread.

Yes, there’s some idiots partying, but for the vast majority of protestants, and atheists like myself, it’s a loss we can and do empathise with.

May your God go with you.

Ali

The damage was done, silver. You showed your true colors. I see you removed three other posts as well. Why bother? If it’s your true feelings let’s see them.

Quote (phoo @ April 02 2005,21:39)
The damage was done, silver. You showed your true colors. I see you removed two other posts as well. Why bother? If it's your true feelings let's see them.

Because you were throwing a hissy fit and trying to bring me down by getting "the clique" on me. If you spent half as much time playing guitar as you do kissing eachothers asses you might have a music career. They were removed to hault your ignorance. I did you a favor. I'm biting my tounge now, this has already become a waste of time.
Because you were throwing a hissy fit and trying to bring me down by getting "the clique" on me. If you spent half as much time playing guitar as you do kissing eachothers asses you might have a music career. They were removed to hault your ignorance. I did you a favor. I'm biting my tounge now, this has already become a waste of time.
Case in point.

Phoo, what a waste of rhetoric. I did not see what silver said. but what the hey, the guy was probably one of the greatest priests the catholics came up with. As someone who grew up in a house with a polish grandma (she is still alive at 95) but a split (Grandpa was Jewish, Grandma was catholic…the line on down was catholic)…I’m agnostic, I’m wondering what the catholic church will come up with next?

Chiller, I did see Silver’s original posts, and even by my low moral standards, I found them exceedingly foul.

It’s a shame that a thread which was started to pay respects to someone who many people honoured, was hijacked by a small minded, hate-filled bigot.

And I don’t use those words as an insult Silver, but as an accurate and precise description of what I saw in your words.

Ali

Okay since I’m being attacked anyway…then yeah, fuck the pope and fuck the Catholic religion. I’m a bigot? That whole faith is foul. I’ve spent my life surrounded by Catholics (dads family), born agains (my coke-head mother), Jehovah’s witnesses (my wife!), Mormons (my best friend became one and refused to speak to me), and Jews (I was going to #### because I got Christmas presents), and I’ve never experienced anything but judgemental hatred toward people who have done nothing to them. I don’t say that to get a pat on the back, but its the truth. I know all of these fucked up people in my life that think because they are into religion that it changes their final destination. Organized religion is corrupt…not me. I love everyone, even the ignorant, but I won’t defend the fickle. The only judge here is the big guy upstairs and I’m not playing a game to win his heart. Thats all this bullshit is, a game, a competition against the everyone in the human race…and no one ever wins, or ever will. Do yourself a favor and read the whole bible, cover to cover…10 times if you have to. You might get it then.

…and as a favor to all of YOU bigots who seem to think I am too foul for the forum, I will cancel my member name and leave. I’m not into wasting my time arguing because you can’t handle my statements as much as I can handle yours. Maybe its the generation gap because you guys are all 40+ and I’m in my 20s? But you guys shit stones whenever I open my mouth, wether it be in a guitar forum or a religion forum. Guess I’ve spent too much time at the siva site. Poof. Gone.

Nah, don’t go Silvermachina, I didn’t see the posts, but criticism of organized religion shouldn’t be cause for tempers.

As a pretty much atheist myself, I have to say, you must have been exposed to the worst in organized religion to be so angry. Like you I am a bit paranoid of brainwashing etc, but man, there are some folks who are okay out there. I spend my weekends at a Catholic church in various groups becuase I like the community. I’ve never been to mass once there or anywhere in years. The folks I hang with have never once poo pooed the fact I am not married living with a girl for 7 years, the fact that I don’t necessarily believe, etc. Though I had my fill of very closed minded and judgemental religious folks where I lived in Texas. I think it is all in who you know. I don’t really care what you said about the pope becuase I didn’t see it, but dude, being that angry isn’t good when you are roping genuinely good folks in to the fray.

I’m not wild about the Roman Catholic faith, and I don’t think that Popes are Holy Fathers but I liked this Pope. I think he helped stop communism alot more than say Ronald Reagan.

I am a Protestant through-and-through, which is why I don’t like the Roman Catholic church. Individuals can connect directly with God without the help of Bishops or Cardinals or Popes.

I hope Pope John Paul II is resting peaceful in heaven right now. It will be interesting to see how they elect as the next Pope.

No Silver, your original attack was not against organised religion, if it had of been, then I would have joined you, (but perhaps in a different thread).

Your attack was against a religion that differed from yours.

Your attack was against people who did not believe the same things as you do.

And that, is bigotry.

It’s a shame that you did not repost your original posts, instead of your apologia that tries to make you out to be an unjustly attacked martyr.

Personally, I don’t care who you worship; Jesus Christ, the pope, the Dalia Lama, or Bonzo the fucking Bountiful, as far as I’m concerned, you’re all nuts.

But, as TG continually points out, I’m a nut too, so what the ####! As long as we’re all happy nuts. :D

But if your religion causes you to spew hatred, then IMO, there’s something seriously wrong with either you, or your religion, or both.

But it wasn’t just an attack on Catholics was it Silver?

The people who responded to your posts also became subjects of your vitriol didn’t they?

It seems your hatred is not confined to Catholicism at all, but to anyone who has the temerity to disagree with you.

Go then Silver, I personally will not miss you one iota.

Ali