Poppa!

I tried to write another sad-ish song, since you like those.
Here it is:

http://cookiefinger.bandcamp.com/track/everything-you-never-said

I’m really digging the little POD.
I’m going to have to get the big one.
Only 1 or two settings work on this for any given guitar, but those work really well, all things considered.
This is the Taylor electric through a mild crunch setting.
Their Marshall JCM 800.
It’s pretty damn close to my ears.

Of course, I want to hear any comments any one wants to make here. :)

's a corker, Tom. You got “Today” dialled in? Is it a battery muncher?

funny you ask that about batteries. It eats batteries like nothing. Gotta get the AC adapter I guess.

I just comment a few net sites back.

I’d be lost without my pod for live playing. I have the older FloorPod have had it for years. Imagine a modeler at your feet - exactly what it is.

Sounding good buddy. :agree:

Thanks, Poppa! Really having fun with it. gonna save up for the big one, I guess. :agree:

I think I posted this sad song I wrote years ago - still one of my favorite tunes of my own.
Sad Song Radio

That’s my B.C. voice - before cancer… stooput cancer. Cut on my old AKAI 12 track.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 03 2011, 3:19 PM)

That's my B.C. voice - before cancer..... stooput cancer. Cut on my old AKAI 12 track.

I never knew that. When was that Poppa?

Very nice song Tom. Unusual for you to do something kinda downbeat, but I like it. Ending is perfect for me! :agree:

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 02 2011, 8:19 PM)

I think I posted this sad song I wrote years ago - still one of my favorite tunes of my own.
Sad Song Radio

That's my B.C. voice - before cancer..... stooput cancer. Cut on my old AKAI 12 track.

That's a beautiful piece Poppa. Of course the voice is different now, but the character is still there. Lot of heart in this one Bud!

Hi Poppa Willis:

Pretty Tasty…
I didn’t know you had one of them Akai 12-Track machines… :agree:
If it’s the one I think it is, it used Beta Video Recorder Cartridges…
????
It was over on the upper right-hand area of the desk…
if I remember…
I had the job of maintaining that machine, the one that was over here…
IMO every Production Office and Rehearsal Hall should have had one of those setups installed in them…

Bill…

Nice song. But all the guitar parts to me sound more like they are running through Fenders at different gain levels. There is no sound in there that makes me think of Marshall at all.

Don’t get me wrong, all the guitars sound really really good, and I dont think I would have known they are modeled if you didn’t tell us. I find this surprising. Hmmmm…

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 02 2011, 8:19 PM)

Sad Song Radio

Yes, I remember this song well. :agree:
Quote: (duffman @ Jan. 03 2011, 4:19 AM)

Nice song. But all the guitar parts to me sound more like they are running through Fenders at different gain levels. There is no sound in there that makes me think of Marshall at all.

Don't get me wrong, all the guitars sound really really good, and I dont think I would have known they are modeled if you didn't tell us. I find this surprising. Hmmmm....

Duff, it might be the Taylor. It's the first electric they made, and they designed the pickup first - little mini humbuckers that have the oddest tone. It's been difficult finding the right amp for the guitar. Your ears are amazing - I did indeed use the same setting at different gain levels. I will also say that it makes a HUGE difference running the signal in through the LA610 rather than my other preamps. Through solid state it still sounds modeled.

I had to listen again. This makes me think I want a POD, but one of the ones with the Heavy Metal Packs installed, Engel, Diezel, Budda, ect. Maybe the X3 or X3 Pro rack mount.I have been trying to get a heavier sound from a couple of my amps, I am close to what I hear in my head but not there yet.

This is as close as I have gotten so far…Guitar run through a TourMaster at 25 watts, double drop D, bass run through my 1974 Muff Pi:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1378871/Hot%20Chicks.mp3

I’m on the fence…POD or amp? I would love to her some of it’s heavier sounds if you ever get the chance.

Oomph! Steve. You might like the Pod TREADPLATEs.

Tom. What d’you reckon to ‘TODAY’ as a Steve Jones off the peg?

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 03 2011, 7:17 AM)

Tom. What d'you reckon to 'TODAY' as a Steve Jones off the peg?

Heehee - Tony, I think I need to put that through the Babel Fish translator. Lessee...Steve Jones, guitarist for the Pistols, got that. "Today" - hmm...must be a song. Smashing Pumpkins? Probably not. "On the peg" - well, that might mean a number of things. Given the context, does it mean to record it? Hmmm...nope, your going to have to avoid the Queen's English for me. :)

Have pity on a poor boy from the midwest, for whom Bob Seger is the greatest poet ever produced by humanity. :D

Duffman - really, a Big Muff? Man, that track sounds killer to me. I would bet that you will find the amp sound, even if it is not quite there for you, better than any model, but you sure should try one if you can. The little one I have only has 5 models on it. The bigger ones you are looking at have more of the kind of stuff you want, I think. Perhaps Tony could give you a couple of samples.

Yeah, that is a great track, Duff, I really like that sound, everything about it. can’t believe it’s a big Muff. :agree:

Did you use a different mic to sing this, Tom? I like the timbre of the vocals.

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 03 2011, 7:52 AM)

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 03 2011, 7:17 AM)

Tom. What d'you reckon to 'TODAY' as a Steve Jones off the peg?

Heehee - Tony, I think I need to put that through the Babel Fish translator.
Lessee...Steve Jones, guitarist for the Pistols, got that.
"Today" - hmm...must be a song.
Smashing Pumpkins?
Probably not.
"On the peg" - well, that might mean a number of things.
Given the context, does it mean to record it?
Hmmm...nope, your going to have to avoid the Queen's English for me.
:)

Have pity on a poor boy from the midwest, for whom Bob Seger is the greatest poet ever produced by humanity.
:D

Sorry, Tom. "TODAY" and "TREADPLATE" are Pod tones - swap yours for one with a screen;-)