popping sound when recording

On every new track I record it makes a popping sound. So where every new track starts in a song, there is a pop. Is there any way to get rid of this?

Also, when I record tracks, the left speaker track picks up sound quieter than the right speaker track. Is there any way to equalize it so both the left and the right are the same volume?

Thanks!

This is all a guess,but…
The “pop” sound can be different things so I don’t know whats up with that

As for your left and right channels: If the panning pot is set in the middle on Ntrack and your signal is a simple, single input then your spkrs should have a balanced output.

If they don’t, I would suspect either faulty output signal from your soundcard or flakey cabling. You can check by reversing the output to the spkrs and see if the spkr loudness changes to the opposite of what they are now.

For example, if the left is louder than the right, I would change the leads to the speakers and see if the right becomes louder than the left. If that IS what happens, I would suspect either flakey cable or bad outputs. If that doesn’t happen and the weak spkr remains the weak spkr, you probably have a bad spkr.

Complicated to explain, easy to do…
hope it is some help

cliff
:cool:

When I switched over to version 4 I had the same problem until I changed my buffer settings. I forgot what I did, it’s been a few months, but I would look into that. As soon as I did that, the problem went away.

<!–QuoteBegin>

On every new track I record it makes a popping sound. So where every new track starts in a song, there is a pop. Is there any way to get rid of this?

The problem could be that your soundcard introduces a little DC-offset.
You can remove the offset with a decent wave editor.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Also, when I record tracks, the left speaker track picks up sound quieter than the right speaker track. Is there any way to equalize it so both the left and the right are the same volume?

If you’re recording though the left channel of a stereo line input, then this is where it will come through in monitoring by default on most normal consumer level soundcards (onboard, addon). If you record through the right channel, it will come out through the right side. It can be a little more complicated than that though.

What soundcard are you using?