Pops during playback

Hey guys. I just moved my Delta 1010LT from one computer to the other, so I can use it in conjunction with my Audigy 2 for MIDI purposes. I was recording/playing fine on the other computer, but after adding the Delta to my main computer I have noticed that there is a steady popping sound during any kind of audio playback through the Delta (not just my recordings, but mp3 files etc). It pops almost every second. I disabled the Audigy in the device manager to see maybe if the drivers were messing with each other, but it does the same thing. Playback through the Audigy is still fine. Has anybody had this problem before and how did you fix it? Here are my specs:

Athlon XP 2200+
1.5GB RAM
80GB and 120GB SATA drives
Audigy 2 Platinum
Delta 1010LT
Windows XP Pro

I appreciate any help on the matter!

Are you using the same driver (WDM or ASIO) and same version on both PC’s?
Also do you have the buffers set the same on both?

It’s probably a driver/buffer issue.

Also make sure you don’t have anything else running in the background.

Rich

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that… Yes I’m using the same driver version as before, and I did try changing the buffers from medium to high. No change.

WDM or ASIO yields the same results either way

The pops and crackles are caused by the audio not being able to be streamed off the HD fast enough - which is why setting your buffers too low will result in the pops and crackles.

Are HD’s in the other PC faster? What about the mobo/cpu?
Might be a compatibility issue with the soundcard and the Mobo?
Does the problem mobo have a VIA chipset? The older VIA mobo’s seemed to cause a lot of grief for people…

Is there a newer driver you can download?

Rich

"Are HD’s in the other PC faster? What about the mobo/cpu?
Does the problem mobo have a VIA chipset? The older VIA mobo’s seemed to cause a lot of grief for people…"

Actually, the HD for audio (120GB SATA) is the same one I was using in the other computer, so hard drive speed isn’t the issue. It did have a faster processor, but an XP 2200 is plenty enough to record songs, much less playback an mp3 file without pops. Chipset on this mobo is nForce 2, I stay away from VIA chips. I’m still fiddling around with settings and such right now, to no avail. Everything gives the exact same output.

"Are HD’s in the other PC faster? What about the mobo/cpu?
Does the problem mobo have a VIA chipset? The older VIA mobo’s seemed to cause a lot of grief for people…"

Actually, the HD for audio (120GB SATA) is the same one I was using in the other computer, so hard drive speed isn’t the issue. It did have a faster processor, but an XP 2200 is plenty enough to record songs, much less playback an mp3 file without pops. Chipset on this mobo is nForce 2, I stay away from VIA chips. No newer drivers. I’m still fiddling around with settings and such right now, to no avail. Everything gives the exact same output.

Sorry about the double post :(