Portable USB hard drive for DAW ? ?

What d’you mean ‘you’d’ be slow - reluctant or speed issue?

Reluctant over disk size and processing etc…

Solid/Flash is coming into it’s own. A friend is a pro freelance Pap’ photographer. He only uses solid to shuttle between his tools. I’m not sure which units he uses (Nicon) but he popped round a few days ago and squirted some shots into my machine at an incredible bit rate.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Oct. 21 2009, 8:10 PM)

I think I found the one I want,,, or two actually.

PortaGig, Or Quad500.

Anyone familiar with either?

Yea, I've used the portagig at many outdoor events, smooth!
The quad500 was useful in Vietnam, never went on a convoy without one. :agree: quad500 sounds like a winner to me.
I mean just goin by the name alone. Quad that's like 4 times as many!
X 500 man that's like 2000! I say that's a winner goodbud.
:agree:
:laugh: don't know about that 'glyph' though.

Seriously pop's I like the size of the porta, but then you can always stack things on the quad! :laugh:
I've been using usb drives for about a yr now, I love um! Nothing as safistacated as your getting into but very nice just the same. Toshiba was my first. I expect to have many, I'll be watching what you do here with mucho intrest!

I run n on both my computer and the external drive, makes no diffrence.
No problems streaming or synchronizing recordings. No matter if I’m running n on the external drive with the files on the computer or visa versa. Sorry I can’t be more help.

It seems as though audio reproduction is the most unforgiving thing you can possibly do in the digital world…
The ears don’t tolerate any forgiveness in it’s stream of information…
The eyes forgive much interruption in it’s transmission of the image to the brain…
Well…

An audio file requires an uninterrupted flow of data, of maybe, 10 meg. of information per minute to satisfy the hearing senses…

After hearing an audio file the reply is quick…
in the technical sense…
It’s either yes-or-no, in the response…

I guess it don’t matter much what-or-how the audio data is stored, in…

Bill…

Glyph seems to rhyme with “nymph”, sounds suspicious. Sure you have time for all that? :laugh: