Postdata.att

just a completely random piece of info

Ok, this is so completely useless and off topic that it is sad, but I had a startling discovery, and I didn’t no who else to tell. I can’t believe that it hasn’t been considered a common solution before this.

Have you ever received an email with “postdata.att” as the extension? It sends the results of a webform to an email. Well, if you ever receive this extension, I have just realized a very simple solution. Up until now, all I’d seen to read such a file was to use notepad or to download a utility to read it. Here’s what you do. Change the name from “postdata.att” to “postdata.csv”. This will now open in excel, and should actually look like a form.

:cool:

-Fish

Completely useless pt II; if I ever got an email with a postdata.att it was deleted instantly.

Hmmm… wonder if I missed out on anything fun ???

<!–QuoteBegin>

Change the name from “postdata.att” to “postdata.csv”. This will now open in excel, and should actually look like a form.

What happens if you change the extension to .sng? ???

Alternatively you could right-click the file and select “Open with” and then choose Excel. Might be quicker than changing the file name.

And “A” - you are being silly - you’d have to dither the wave files first.

actually, you can’t just open it in excel. If you do, it will just open it like a text file. The idea behind changing the name to csv is that csv is for text files that are comma seperated values. This turns all the commas in the file into new data entries in different cells. It only reads the file that way if it has the csv extension.

-Fish