Pot n Calie

I see Reefer Madness still exists down there huh?
RMFE

Quote: (kevinmyers @ Feb. 24 2009, 5:22 PM)

I smoked my share of it 30 years ago, but only a couple of times since then. I have no desire to return to that lifestyle. As far as legalization goes, I'm not for it, but the idea that marijuana is so evil it could not possibly have any medicinal value is bulls**t.

Same here Kevin.
And like us, I know hundreds of people who experanced social fun with pot and who for some reason didn't turn into wear wolves and demons.
But instead normal down to earth well rounded, wholesome, fantastic, popular, wonderful, law abiding, successful, kind, considerate, responsible, trustworthy, parents and people in our society.

Couldn't go back to the past but would love a puff at the bar occasionally.
Just a thought.
And I think decriminalization of at lest pot would help.
Quote: (wozz @ Feb. 25 2009, 12:57 PM)

I see Reefer Madness still exists down there huh?
RMFE

Ya something like that.
Quote: (DEAD CERTAIN @ Feb. 24 2009, 3:08 PM)

I'd probably like Northern Cali. So-Cal? Nah... not for me...

D

Northern Cal is unbelievably beautiful, nature painted it perfectly.
Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Feb. 24 2009, 3:44 PM)

monterey was nice, because i didn't have to pay room 'n' board.
i saw what those houses on the bay cost--eeeesh! and that was early nineties, before everything exploded.

i'm not sure what's going on with the other part of the topic, but if you tried to smoke these i think you'd feel kinda funny.

Expensive yes, I liked San Diego!
Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Feb. 24 2009, 9:25 PM)

Party at Micheal Phelps' house tonight.

I was surprised that he smoked.
It's probably like that in the College circles.

If someone is going to smoke - I think they could care less what CA, or anybody else thinks, or says. The states may want to break into the business to generate revenue thru taxes. That’s all this is about.
Nothing they do is for you. period.

Levi - write a song ‘Nothing for You’

Quote:

law abiding,

There's your new organization Levi. LAPS - law abiding pot smokers.
It's just the getting past the law abiding when it's illegal that's gonna be the hitch.

Well if they’re gonna let people drink, to me it would be safer on the highways with stoners than drunks. Let’s face facts, stoned people rarely drive over 30mph.

Breaking the law, breaking the law . . . . . Judas Priest? Maybe?

Quote:

Let's face facts, stoned people rarely drive over 30mph.

I remember it snowing one night... I was driving... thinking I was going way too fast... looked at the speedometer... five miles an hour. (Man, I was flying that night.)

I wonder what the Mexican drug cartel would do if we did legalize pot on a national level. Or for the sake of conversation, we decriminalized drugs in general for social guidance programs instead of the current war on drugs?
What would the cartel do? Get p’d and go nuts? Or evolve into legitimate manufacturing and drug supply business? Anyone ever give that some thought? There are serious dangers on the Mexican border that seems to be getting worse.

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Feb. 25 2009, 1:25 PM)

If someone is going to smoke - I think they could care less what CA, or anybody else thinks, or says. The states may want to break into the business to generate revenue thru taxes. That's all this is about.
Nothing they do is for you. period.

Levi - write a song 'Nothing for You'

haha good post 7', but our out buddy wozz would have to write that one.
I'm not really anti gov, I think we are the gov in a way.
We vote it all.
But I could get into writing one titled "That's All This Is About".
:agree:
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Feb. 25 2009, 1:32 PM)

Quote:

law abiding,

new organization Levi. LAPS - law abiding pot smokers.
It's just the getting past the law abiding when it's illegal that's gonna be the hitch.

Yes just because they are showing ways to make money from legalizing dosn't mean in anyway that it's a done deal.

LAPS
I could get into that.
Or just an organization call Laps, focusing on Halle Berry, Jennifer Lopez, Ali Landry, aaa man this list goes on and on.
:D
Quote: (Yaz @ Feb. 25 2009, 2:15 PM)

Well if they're gonna let people drink, to me it would be safer on the highways with stoners than drunks. Let's face facts, stoned people rarely drive over 30mph.

haha farmers and stoner's look out!
Quote: (Yaz @ Feb. 25 2009, 2:15 PM)

Well if they're gonna let people drink, to me it would be safer on the highways with stoners than drunks. Let's face facts, stoned people rarely drive over 30mph.

haha farmers and stoner's, look out!
Quote:

I wonder what the Mexican drug cartel would do if we did legalize pot on a national level. Or for the sake of conversation, we decriminalized drugs in general for social guidance programs instead of the current war on drugs?

I don't have an answer for you, Levi. With decriminalization, would the laws that now apply to alcohol also apply to marijuana, or drugs in general? Will we still need a doctor to write a prescription for us, or should we be able to just go to the drug store and place an order for whatever sounds like a good high? Should I be able to make meth in the privacy of my own home? I think there are far too many laws in this country, with no sign that the government is going to slow down on passing more. (Eventually, we will all be criminals.) But there has to be a line drawn somewhere. Or does there?

They would most likely simply compete on the price level. Cut profits from 50 million to 5 let’s say… The government does not know how to compete, the cartel would most likely see a volume increase and a move to cheaper harder drugs. You decide between 50 dollar marijuana and 5 dollar heroin…
If I was a user in tough economic times I would go for the biggest high for the buck. Have you thought about that?

Quote: (Levi @ Feb. 25 2009, 5:42 PM)

Levi - write a song 'Nothing for You'[/quote]
haha good post 7', but our out buddy wozz would have to write that one. I'm not really anti gov, I think we are the gov in a way. We vote it all. But I could get into writing one titled "That's All This Is About". :agree:

dont let em suck ya into believin that Levi,we dont vote nothin in man,the big daddy is voted in an then they do what they please
like 7 said though i couldnt care less if california makes it legal or not,i have mine and im going to have mine,stay high n keep low is the key...they want me bad enough come get me
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Feb. 25 2009, 6:14 PM)

They would most likely simply compete on the price level. Cut profits from 50 million to 5 let's say..... The government does not know how to compete, the cartel would most likely see a volume increase and a move to cheaper harder drugs. You decide between 50 dollar marijuana and 5 dollar heroin......
If I was a user in tough economic times I would go for the biggest high for the buck. Have you thought about that?

comin from you man i am surprised,you really think if i cant score a J im gonna turn to heroin?its talk like that that scares the mother inlaws of the world
that is really redneck of you tommy

I’m not so much a redneck as a Capitalist Pig wozz. The drug trade is a bottom line business. Competition in pricing and having a loyal customer base that grows in their level of consumption, is key in any business. I’ve never bought into the J as a gateway drug but it does happen and we all know it from the junkie friends and roommates we knew that stole our guitars and gear in high school for a fix.
We already have two legal drugs that kill about a half a million folks each a year (alcohol and nicotine).

I don’t type here from any level of fact - just my opinion from experience. I am very close to this subject though through my one son who needs money from me for food for his kids because he has to have a couple of hundred dollars worth of weed every month. I’m on a fixed income from social security and I just am not going to subsidize his drug use anymore. Had to tell him that last week. The social burden of individuals who would rather buy marijuana than food for their kids is straining the fabric of families across the nation.

Eh, that’s enough - I don’t really do soap boxes that well. If you want to have a smoke though you will not hear me say a word about it. Your choice that you are free to make without any criticism or put downs from me. :handshake: