Preamp bi-passing Q's

Hi Again jeremysdemo:

I’m sure you know it…
we’re just having fun with you…
Well…
me anyway…

If you’re using n-Track for your mixes…
this would be the perfect set of tracks to take that nVocal effect/plug-in for a spin…
That’s if you’re using the latest n-Track builds…

Anyway, those tracks do sound great over here…
and…
you-know-it…

I would have no second thoughts about attempting that Mackie Modification with those strips…
Grant-it…
It takes some amount of confidence to open up a mixer and go in there and beat around with a soldering iron…

I would even take it one step further…
I’d install a single pole double throw On-On switch (with no off position) to be able to use the strips in both configurations…

I stand corrected, but I believe the mod is already “In Place”.
The jumper wire is there…
All that’s required is to move the jumper wire from one place to another for each strip…

Bill…

Yeh- Jerm - I thought it was pretty dang good. Ya know as an audience listening.
Not with some techie agenda. I mean I would ‘sell my soul’ (uh-oh) to be able
to put stuff together like you do.
I know everyone here is on the quest to sonic perfection. But I take the road less
traveled and just close my eyes and listen. And it sounds real good to me.

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Mar. 14 2010, 3:14 PM)

Yeh- Jerm - I thought it was pretty dang good. Ya know as an audience listening.
Not with some techie agenda. I mean I would 'sell my soul' (uh-oh) to be able
to put stuff together like you do.
I know everyone here is on the quest to sonic perfection. But I take the road less
traveled and just close my eyes and listen. And it sounds real good to me.

well that is good to hear since this is the gear going to be used for my live rig.

If I am going to sing and play my heart out in front of a bunch of drunk curmudgeons for a peso I want the tone to be smooth and soothing for the savage beast, and lotza mojo, you just can't put a price on mojo! and for some reason bar patrons dig it!

I stopped trying to play songs I can't and do styles that just don't work for me for the sake of diversity, now I just play what feels right, my set list are a lot shorter but hopefully better for it.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:
Quote: (woxnerw @ Mar. 14 2010, 4:07 AM)

Hi Again jeremysdemo:

I'm sure you know it..
we're just having fun with you..
Well...
me anyway..

If you're using n-Track for your mixes..
this would be the perfect set of tracks to take that nVocal effect/plug-in for a spin..
That's if you're using the latest n-Track builds..

I will be soon upgrading to 32 bit or whatever it is running out these days, just want to get the most I can out of the processors and hardware's I have that operate best at 32.

Thanx again for the info on the Mackie the jumper and all....I am just not confident enough to be doing mods on a $1000 board myself.

what kind of vocal effects are in Ntrack now?
I am using mostly hardware now, a Rane Compressor and the Digitech S100 for FX, because I like to hear myself with the effects as I sing in a monitor or headphones, it just seems to improve the feel of my performance rather than doing it dry and adding the FX later (although I do record a dry track as well), I was never able to monitor the FX out of the computer in real time.

keep shinin

jerm :cool: