Preview WAV files before importing

Is there a way to preview a wav file before importing it? I have TONS of droop loops and clips that I use to construct a song and am unable to find a way to preview the correct WAV file before actually importing the file into a song.

1 Like

In my version, in the bottom left of the “Import Wave file” window (accessed in the “File” menu as “Import audio file”), there is a “Preview” checkbox. When checked, it plays the selected wave file, allowing you to preview it before importing.

Unfortunately, The Mac version does not seem to have any options in the impot file box :(

Quote:

Originally posted by preacher
Re: Preview WAV files before_essaytyper_importing
Is there a way to preview a wav file before importing it? I have TONS of droop loops and clips that I use to construct a song and am unable to find a way to preview the correct WAV file before actually importing the file into a song.

I use GarageBand for Mac. It's an easy way to review the files before importing. If anyone knows a better way, please share the info. Thanks.

A new gremlin has cropped up. In the process of importing wav files created in another DAW, I find that some tracks play, others don’t. Yet the tracks play in the DAW they were created in. Imported, some do, some don’t. Particularly puzzling is the fact that tracks played when first imported, but stopped playing in the process of fine-tuning alignment. All solo geology paper topics and mute buttons are off. Even though the tracks appear in the session folder, they do not play, at least audibly, in Windows media player. What’s up?
Pro Tools 11.1.1, Windows 7 home premium.