Problems with Build 2236

I just downloaded Build 2236 today and having a pretty major and annoying problem.

When “Show selected track mixer stripe” is selected, it defaults to the last track on the song. I have to right click and choose mixer to do what should be a one-click process. Very frustrating when you’re trying to get some good work done.

Hi JuliusJackson:
Your observation is right on… That is exactly what I see/get with the build 2236…

My work-around for this issue is… “Right-Click” on the track you want the mixer strip shown, and then click on… “Mixer”… That’ll work… but It’s not like a “Single-Click” on the track (in the Timeline) you want the strip shown…

However, I see that build 2237 is posted and I have that build downloaded and installed…

but… I haven’t had the oppertunity to check it’s behaviour yet…

Bill…

I wasn’t able to reproduce the problem. Perhaps the problem appears with some particular combination of settings different from the defaults. Could you please restore the default settings (witht he button in the Preferences box), see if the problem appears, then if it doesn’t gradually restore the settings you previously used and see when the problem starts to appear?

Thanks.

Flavio.

It appears there may be a weather-day tomorrow… It looks like we’ll get a Big-Blow and a Snow Storm tomorrow… so I’ll be able to have fun doing what I want do… I’ll post some screen shots of my Time-line and how I set the mixer strips that show the issue… I hope…

Bill…

The weather we got was some 18 hours late getting here… Whatever we did to deserve it, is beyond my contemplation… I can tell you… IT was ugly… All you guys west-and-south of here… You keep your weather… We don’t need that stuff here…

Flavio… Do I really have to push that “Revert-To-Default” button… Again?? :O :( I think I’d rather go out and shovel some ice… AaAaHhHh NnOo… ???

Bill…

I have a screen of build 2241 and a close exception that I am unable to send off to Flavio cause even the .dmp file is unable to be sent from my set-up…

I hope Flavio sees this post and replies to this thread…

Why I believe the .dmp file is not completing the operation is… I am on a dial-up and modem… The automatic .dmp format is closing down before my Internet connection can complete the sending process of the .dmp fle…

I took the print-screen of this after about 4 attempts to complete the “Problem Reporting/Sending” process…

I think I may be one of few n-Track users still on a dial-up…

On to more unresolved issues with v5.0.5 and later builds…

Earlier on this thread, started by “JuliusJackson”, was the issue of

<!–QuoteBegin>

[QUOTE]
“Show selected track mixer stripe” is selected, it defaults to the last track on the song. I have to right click and choose mixer to do what should be a one-click process.

My work-around for this step is… Hi-Lite the track from the time-line and do a double Right-Click … That brings up the track’s strip that you see on the left of the time-line…

BUT…

Up on the time-line you’re gonna see two Markers… For example… if I wantta “Loop” the time-line between these markers … AND… if I want to preserve the hi-lited time-line for “Looping” I will loose the hi-lited time-line that is in use for looping…

Looking at the print-screen… you’ll see that the Acoustic Guitar track is hi-lighted to bring up the “Track’s Mixer” strip…

That’s good… But now I have lost the Looping margins… Cause, the whole track is hi-lighted, from “Start-to-Finish”…

Flavio… Could you add something to the “Control String” to preserve the “Looping Margin” Then It would satisfy the “LOOP” margin…

Then, Add something in the “Control String” to select the “Time-Line” Track’s Mixer… or just leave that… I know how to select the “Track’s Mixer”… It’s a double Right-Click… after I select the Time-line’s Track… to appear on the left-hand margin…

What happens now… and starting with v5.05 builds …

When n-Track is launched… The time-line’s mixer strip that appears on the left-hand margin is defaulted to “Showing” the last mixer’s strip that appears on the time-line… And “Not” showing the last mixer’s strip on the time-line when n-Track was closed…

The other issue is… AND it has become a nasty ONE… is…

The “PATH” to where the last song that appeared on the time-line when n-Track is “up-dated” to the newer build is not preserved…

For example… The Default Path now is C:/My Documents/n-Track Folder… or something…

That don’t work for me… I don’t store my projects on the “C” Drive(s) on my set-up(s)… I have “Eighteen” hard drives that I store my projects on… The tracks for any-one-project could be stored on any of those drives … depending on what machine I last did the edit for that track…

Ii KkNnOoWw, Gentlemen… I need to do a major “ReOrganization” of my “Project File Structure”/ Storage Format Idea, if I want to continue using the latest edited file/track on the time-line…

By having the PATH default changed to "C:/ My Documents/n-Track Folder… I have lost all the PATH LINKS to any track I have edited on every project I ever worked on with this set-up-and-hard drives…

Th fix this… I might have to attempt a system restore back to the last build of v5.0.4 to see if this works… ??? ? :( :O However, my door is open to suggestions… :;):

Bill…

[EDIT]

I think I discovered what the “Close Exception” Error is…

I can only open ONE instance of n-Track on the set-up I have… To open this n-Track desk takes about 15 - 20 seconds… My P-111 1.2 mhz. machine with the ATI AIW 128 Pro card-and-all sits-and-thinks about the n-Track launch before anything happens…

After n-Track is launched, this set-up and machine works like a charm…