Profile hacked - again!?

Nugwart!!!

Hacked by a bloody law firm!!

needless to say the security around here is a bit scary!.. :laugh:

jimmy cracked corn and I…

dontcare :cool:

There must be a patch for iKonForums for this.

I just informed Flavio of the situation. Hopefully he can address the issue.

PACO

I just cleaned the link off/from my profile…

Does it matter ????

Bill…

Quote: (Paco572 @ Jul. 25 2011, 12:52 PM)

PACO

I don't think it's a hack. I think it's a bug. This forum software is pretty old though and there doesn't appear to have been any development for several years.
Quote: (Mark A @ Jul. 24 2011, 7:50 PM)

I don't think it's a hack.
I think it's a bug. This software is pretty old though and there doesn't appear to have been any development for several years.

Insert Ntrack joke --->Here<---

tee hee…

here I thought it was the development over the years that bogged Ntack down…(peaked around v4)?

jimmy cracked corn and I…

dontcare :cool:

PACO

I think it's a bug. This forum software is pretty old though and there doesn't appear to have been any development for several years.

I think that someone discovered a vulnerability that lets one user update the profiles of all users.
I've just updated to the latest released version of the forum software (1.0.1). This might fix the problem.
The forum software has indeed been discontinued, we'll probably have to move to a new software sooner or later, but apart from this problem this one seems to be working well, I think. If anyone has suggestions for an alternative forum software which is actively developed let me know!

Flavio.

Thanks Flavio…

I connected in a while ago and saw some nice error messages and guessed that you were doing some maintenance. I particularly liked the bright green/yellow theme :slight_smile:

As for forum software I installed and used Simple Machine Forum (http://www.simplemachines.org/) for a while it it seemed pretty good.

Mark

Quote: (Flavio Antonioli @ Jul. 25 2011, 5:37 AM)

PACO

I think it's a bug. This forum software is pretty old though and there doesn't appear to have been any development for several years.

I think that someone discovered a vulnerability that lets one user update the profiles of all users.
I've just updated to the latest released version of the forum software (1.0.1). This might fix the problem.
The forum software has indeed been discontinued, we'll probably have to move to a new software sooner or later, but apart from this problem this one seems to be working well, I think. If anyone has suggestions for an alternative forum software which is actively developed let me know!

Flavio.

Hi Gents:

It always a shame when this sort of thing happens to this Board or any other Board, for that matter.. I don't seem to understand what motivates anyone to spend time doing that to a Message board..
It's clear there's a payoff..
Security anywhere on the Internet..
What's that ?
I know that once you say something up here, it doesn't go away or can it be removed..
I think it ends up on a server somewhere for access by anyone to review.. If that's correct, then this person(s) can be identified..

Somehow, I feel at home when I open this Forum up and read the threads..
To me, it's not so much what Board is used as much as what Board one gets used to using..
I like the appearance and background colours and how the plugins are laid out and..
and..

Well..

I like the Tape-Op Message Board..
Whatever software that Board uses..
Rhere are other ones, out there..
How many???
I don't know..

Bill..

This Board looks pretty nice to, as well…

^^^^
Bluenose gettin there again… hehe

That’s just my opinion…
:agree:
:)

Bill…

http://www.simplemachines.org or wedge.org.

Simple machines ran into an internal culture war and was forked to Wedge. Wedge is not quite done yet, so SMF will work just fine, but Wedge is certainly the future.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Jul. 25 2011, 12:09 PM)

http://www.simplemachines.org or wedge.org.

Simple machines ran into an internal culture war and was forked to Wedge. Wedge is not quite done yet, so SMF will work just fine, but Wedge is certainly the future.

It looks nice Bubbagump..

But what do I know..
???
You don't need a flashlight to look through all the black, like some of the Boards..

Bill..