Punch the Monkey thread

I am going to post things here as they come off the press. Some of these were posted in the other thread but I have since finalized the mix and master.

Tomorrow Comes a Day Too Soon
Home for a Rest

PS: Is there a way I can edit this thread in perpetuity? After like 15 mins I can’t edit a post.
Yay!
:love:

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Jan. 28 2009, 4:49 PM)

PS: Is there a way I can edit this thread in perpetuity? After like 15 mins I can't edit a post.

No... stupid board software setting Flavio has enabled... :disagree:

D

Flavio made me a mod for the contest - I can edit it for you in perpetuity ad laudem - whatever that means.

Post what you want and I’ll clean it up.

Yay! :love:

Great music, lovin it! Keep’em comin!

Home for a Rest

Should have another 2 or 3 ready in the next day or two.

Good Stuff Bubba! :agree:

Bring the Mandolin up a tick! Please!

Yeah, I listened back to HFR last night and it ain’t quite there yet. The girl promised to help me get the flooring finished up in the good room this weekend, so hopefully I will be in business in the next week minus some trim work. Mixing on head phones SUCKS! The mando sounds like it is hitting me in the head on phones and disappears on speakers. Sigh. Then, once the room is done… it is time to save up for a new CPU. Me want quad core. This P4 is getting long in the tooth.

Try one with your earbuds - might surprise you.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Jan. 29 2009, 2:29 AM)

Home for a Rest

Should have another 2 or 3 ready in the next day or two.

It's not very often that I spend download time to listen to many tracks..
This dialup and modem just has to go.
Today, is a weather day..
here..

I did take some time and listened to Home for a Rest.. This is great..
Your new studio sounds nice-and-tight..

I'd really like to get busy in my place..
Maybe, one day, when the weather allows me to get the wiring finished and all..

Lots of energy going on there..
It sounds a lot like a Newfoundland Group called... Great Big Sea..
OR..
something like they'd track, in their studio..

When these guys take their show on the stage their fans are in for one Energy filled night..

Bill..

It is a tune by Spirit of the West, but Great Big Sea is VERY similar. Newfies versus the Vancouver set.

In the days of Live entertainment a good number of the Bars survived on that kind of music…
over here…
Now, the bars are polluted with Gambeling machines…
Live Entertainment-and Bars doesn’t give the musicians as much work as it used to…
Two or three nights a week is the most a stage can expect to get working the bars…
today…
around here…

What type of Monitors/Speakers are you planning to setup in your studio?

Bill…

I am unable to get “Home For A Rest” out of my head…

After loading n-Track v6.0.3 the other day I imported it into the latest build…
I know you have a reason for it… It is down by some 6 db, in level…
However, I took that render into Har-Bal v3.2 and put some Wet/Air on it (to the amount of 66.6%) and rendered that version…
Then re-imported that render back to n-Track and reduced it’s level back to the original level of the version you posted…

In a Nutshell…
It added some “Juice-Depth-and-Sparkle” to your mp3 post…
Is it any Better… ????
Who knows ?
It is different…

This P-111 is back up and running…

Bill…

Glad you got your puter workin’ Bill!

Bubba, I just had the chance to listen to these. Amazing. Not that I expected otherwise. :agree:

Hi Gents:

Those Tracks are some serious Tracking, Editing and Mixing…
We’ve all known that this Board has some Top Level Creative Writers-and-Technical Audio Guys hanging around here…

There’s nothing easy to doing this…
It takes Honsty-Time-and-Hard Work…
AND If Fun is involved as it’s being done…
That’s even better…

Bill…

Home for a rest

Your vocals- WOW! I adore the vocals in this, strong and well i’m just lost for words, This is the kinda thing i want at my wedding, come play at my wedding please, please, please… the energy is amazing, the fiddle is hang on… I can just copy and paste from the other song of yours…

Quote:

Awesome!

lyrics are awesome

the fiddle is awesome
the vocals are awesome
the bass is awesome
the drums are awesome
the feel is awesome
the mood is awesome
the energy is awesome
the production is awesome
the ending is awesome

This is right up me street…(you might’ve guessed… ) that I think…

the song is AWESOME!

You’re awesome!!! I’m so your biggest fan ever!
I’m all excited :D

Ange x
Quote: (ange @ Feb. 05 2009, 5:42 AM)

Home for a rest

Your vocals- WOW! I adore the vocals in this, strong and well i'm just lost for words, This is the kinda thing i want at my wedding, come play at my wedding please, please, please... the energy is amazing, the fiddle is hang on... I can just copy and paste from the other song of yours...

If you need a wedding band... and can cover air fare and lodging. :)

Bubba, in the home song - I think - the song at the beginning where it’s mostly the vocal - there are a couple of low freq thumps that sound like someone hitting a mic stand. Is it that song?