Questions from a newbie

First-time post with a couple of questions that probably have real quick answers. I downloaded the demo V.6 last night and recorded a song, then mixed down to a WAV file. I was able to burn to CD but on playback of that WAV file about 1.42 into the song, there was this weird keyboard like sound suddenly in the left channel. I assume this is an artifact put in intentionally on the free demo?

Also, when playing back this same track, I could see no graphic displays of the stereo tracks in the windows where as I did see them in the V.5 demo version. Should I be seeing the audio waveform for the stereo wav file on playback, or no? Maybe I need to click something for them to appear?

Thanks in advance. BTW, I was very impressed with the ease of using this program and very pleased with the results.

Yep, the organ sound is inserted by the demo. Register and it should go away. (Occasionally, it hasn’t for some folks, but that’s a different issue altogether.)

There’s an enable button at the bottom of the output (and input) meters. If it’s gray the meters are disabled - green is enabled.

I assume you mean output meter display during playback. If that’s not it what exactly do you mean? Seeing the waves in the track window, or individual meters in the mixer or to the left in the tracks window? Any of those can be toggled to be displayed or not.

Quote: (phoo @ Sep. 10 2008, 10:13 AM)

Yep, the organ sound is inserted by the demo. Register and it should go away. (Occasionally, it hasn't for some folks, but that's a different issue altogether.)

There's an enable button at the bottom of the output (and input) meters. If it's gray the meters are disabled - green is enabled.

I assume you mean output meter display during playback. If that's not it what exactly do you mean? Seeing the waves in the track window, or individual meters in the mixer or to the left in the tracks window? Any of those can be toggled to be displayed or not.

Thanks for your post. In the second question, I wasn't referring to meters, what I was talking about is I thought that if you import a song into the program to play back, that you should see the two-track waveforms displayed for the song, you know, if you wanted to edit the wav file. I thought I saw this in V.5 when importing a previously-recorded track.

The wave forms should show on playback or record (after all you can record new tracks after you have tracks to play) Check out View > Timeline and see if you have it turned off.
Bax

Thanks, will check that.