"Hugh Jass Boogie"

It’s well done… the song/track and the joke…
You know it…
hehe

He knows how the touch is created on his instrument with the stuff he does.

I can remember up-and-down the roads that I ran on…
They all wanted me to chin wag on the radio…
I didn’t have their accents, but they, wanted to hear me…
:laugh:
:p
hehehe…

Bill…

I remember one cold night up in West Virgina.
I was a one week in the bussines rookie and fixin to cross big snow covered hills in the am hrs.
I was worried, my only experience with anything long and snow on a hill was a toboggan.
Once started they don’t stop when going down a slippery slope.
I wasn’t worried about going up.
I thought if I couldn’t reach the top the truck would stop at some point and I could bail out lol but goin down had me worried.
So I looked around at a fule isle and I noticed one trucker had Canadian plates.
First chance I got I asked him if he would cross those hills on 77 northbound tonight.
He said yeah, I pointed to my 450 hp international conventional and asked in that?
With a big grin he said he would, it would be no prob.
I called my trainer and asked his advice, he said to go around.
I got to the point where I could go around or cross the hills.
I’m nutz I turned up the hills scared out of my mind thinking, I’m either going to do this or I’m not, so I did.
That doesn’t mean that it was a wise move.
He had a good friendly accent!

Yep:

Lots of stories…
The saying is…
if you look in your mirrors and all you can see is your load…
You ain’t gettin it back…
It already happened…

There’s an aluminium wire plant way up in northern Quebec, north of Quebec City… They make Hi-voltage wire for power grids…
Anyway…
it’s all uphill and downhill till you get there… The place is called LaBaie…
Well…
spelling…
I ain’t French…
Anyway, you no sooner get up the crest and you’re going down to start another climb…
They are 12-16% grades…
You ain’t gettin in there without gearing down… Brakes wouldn’t hold you…
Don’t be missin any down shifting…
If you do, there are sand ramps…
That’s the only way you’re gonna get outta your rig…
A load is considered five rolls…
55 thousand… You’re just in there for the ride…
They load and tie it down…
They don’t care about the rig gettin away… They care about damage to their wire if the rig gets away…

What away to go…
:)

Bill…

I can remember a cold night in Marridian Mississippi… It was so cold I couldn’t get any sleep… It was 12 f… and the wind blew…so hard it shook the rig…

Quote: (duffman @ Aug. 29 2009, 5:50 AM)

Great sound, wonderful mix, excellent playing. And what was that pre-amp you use? Was it the Mesa?

Duff

Yes, that was my Mesa Triaxis Pre. I'm pretty much a Mesa guy and I alternate between a Mark IV and the Triaxis. However, on the next tune I'm working on, I'm using my trusty 'ol Voodoo Valve pre....that thing has untapped tones in it.

Thx for the feedback to all. Lol on the truck stories.

hj

Sounds like the Lincoln Technical Institute them song.

You probably don’t hear their adds much on the west coast, but here in the east we have them memorized…in 6mo. you receive your training and get your degree…

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Sep. 22 2009, 11:19 AM)

Sounds like the Lincoln Technical Institute them song.

You probably don't hear their adds much on the west coast, but here in the east we have them memorized.....in 6mo. you receive your training and get your degree....

keep shinin

Yeah, perhaps, but you don't learn to rip in 6 mos. That's covered in the advanced course called "You too can learn to shred by paying your dues and practicing for the next 5 years" 101. CD's, practice backing tracks and tab-books are optional. :p

Lincoln Tech doesn’t have anything to do with music, I think they teach HVAC, it’s just there commercial on the tele, the theme song…not sure who plays it, ELO or Yngwie, neither were grads to my knowledge.

keep shinin

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Sep. 23 2009, 4:59 PM)

Lincoln Tech doesn't have anything to do with music, I think they teach HVAC, it's just there commercial on the tele, the theme song...not sure who plays it, ELO or Yngwie, neither were grads to my knowledge.

keep shinin

Ahhh. Righto then.

wow! :D

:laugh: wow wow as in big dog tracks! Love these real soundin bands!

Your hard work and disciplined approach has definitely paid off. That is some really nice pickin, both musically and technique-wise. :)

HU hu

you know what is funny I just read the OP and it said this song was a take on a Satriani tune!

that would explain the familiarity and why I thought it sounds like the lincoln tech commercial.

My apologies for not noticing that and for responding in that manner, my only purpose for saying that was in the event that the musician was under the impression they wrote something original, I would want someone to tell me if the shoe was on the other foot.

keep shinin