R.I.P Google cat

:frowning:

:heart-break: we buried our little baby cat today, he was one year old on Halloween and was ran over last night. I cried so hard when I found out and Amy broke her little heart, even Rob cried as we buried him with a little cross to mark his grave beneath his favourite shrub in the garden. He was our lovely little, slightly odd, well fitting family member and we will miss him sorely.
:heart-break:

That sucks. I have 3 cats and a raccoonā€¦ and I know how insanely attached you get to those little buggers. We lost a big tom a few months back and that was awful.

lol Google?
Was that his name? Sorry about your kitten Ange. That is/was a very unique looking cat. Maybe you can go out and get a new little kitten to raise, they are always fun to watch grow.

What great photos you takeā€¦

Replacing animals is not so easyā€¦
I donā€™t thinkā€¦
They have unique behaviours that no other
can replaceā€¦
Time has a way of creating attachmentsā€¦

Billā€¦

I feel kinda guilty, My cats are a huge part of my family and I love them so much, I was only saying yesterday that it would be nice to get a new kitten, now that ā€˜Wakkaā€™ (cat1) is all grown up and ā€˜Googleā€™ (cat2) is acting like a rebelious teenager! and then todayā€¦ :(

I donā€™t think I can replace him, and to get another cat would feel rather like a feeble attempt to do just that now.

Iā€™m sure it just needs time to heal :heart-break: Thank you for your condolences.

Yea, if you think of your feelins but you know there is some poor little kitten out there who doesnā€™t have anyone and needs a nice family to belong to.
:heart-break: But he can wait a while, it would only be proper to wait a little.

Ange. You sound as daft as us :laugh:

You donā€™t have to feel like youā€™re replacing him - another cat is always welcome.

Quote: (TonyR @ Nov. 11 2009, 3:51 PM)

Ange. You sound as daft as us :laugh:

You don't have to feel like you're replacing him - another cat is always welcome.

I know, tis just... I want Myyyyyyyyyy cat, my little 'fugly' Google cat, who looked like a monkey crossed with a ferret, broke all my rules and trapsed mud everywhere...my ferrel cat...my little monkey/ferret/fugly/ferrel/Google cat. :(

you are right though, another addition to the family is always welcome...as long as it is in the form of a pet ;)

Kids arenā€™t pets?

Well, that explains a few thingsā€¦

No moreā€¦ā€œitā€™s the Wakka and Google show!ā€ :heart-break:

Sorry about your pet cat, Ange.
What a timely topic.
I know exactly how you feel right now, because Iā€™ve been missing 2 of my cats since around October 10th. Itā€™s been ~5 weeks and no sign of them. I havenā€™t lost hope, but Iā€™m somewhat a little realistic about it as well.
Theyā€™re either dead or someone else has taken them in (theyā€™re pretty friendly) or taken to a shelter.
Unfortunately and regrettably they didnā€™t have any collars on, which might have helped add some conscience to anyone around here that likes to trap and/or poison strays.
Iā€™ve asked a few places already, but nothing found. I had a lead for a dead cat with city publicworks which takes care of picking up roadkill, but it wasnā€™t one of mine. Still need to check shelters and put out posters (yeah I know, shouldā€™ve done that sooner). We suspect our neighbor, but he says he didnā€™t see them, so guess Iā€™ll have to take his honesty as I have no proof. We also think a family of hungry racoons (no offense to Bubba) may have something to do with it, but again itā€™s all speculation. Despite the possible reality that both of them may have died the day/night they disappeared, I will keep on looking until Iā€™ve exhausted all leads. There have also been some other ā€œsignsā€, but I wonā€™t get into that here.

Wish I had a radio collar on them (there are some for pet cats/dogs), like what would you see on Wild Kingdom, heh, costing about $99 or more.

But let me tell you one positive light in all this tragedy that you have that I donā€™t have yet is ā€œclosureā€, which I hope you donā€™t take for granted.
Hopefully/eventually I will find that as well, either thru the healing of time, or actually finding my pets, dead or alive.
Anyway, my condolences again.
:confused:

Quote: (technoid @ Nov. 11 2009, 8:11 PM)

Sorry about your pet cat, Ange.
What a timely topic.
I know exactly how you feel right now, because I've been missing 2 of my cats since around October 10th. It's been ~5 weeks and no sign of them. I haven't lost hope, but I'm somewhat a little realistic about it as well.
They're either dead or someone else has taken them in (they're pretty friendly) or taken to a shelter.
Unfortunately and regrettably they didn't have any collars on, which might have helped add some conscience to anyone around here that likes to trap and/or poison strays.
I've asked a few places already, but nothing found. I had a lead for a dead cat with city publicworks which takes care of picking up roadkill, but it wasn't one of mine. Still need to check shelters and put out posters (yeah I know, should've done that sooner). We suspect our neighbor, but he says he didn't see them, so guess I'll have to take his honesty as I have no proof. We also think a family of hungry racoons (no offense to Bubba) may have something to do with it, but again it's all speculation. Despite the possible reality that both of them may have died the day/night they disappeared, I will keep on looking until I've exhausted all leads. There have also been some other "signs", but I won't get into that here.

Wish I had a radio collar on them (there are some for pet cats/dogs), like what would you see on Wild Kingdom, heh, costing about $99 or more.

But let me tell you one positive light in all this tragedy that you have that I don't have yet is "closure", which I hope you don't take for granted.
Hopefully/eventually I will find that as well, either thru the healing of time, or actually finding my pets, dead or alive.
Anyway, my condolences again.
:/

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that, I can't imagine having to go through that. sorry :(

you are right though, for the closure, I am very grateful. I hope you get yours soon in their return.

I have come to realise over the past few days just how important pets are in a child's upbringing, it was only the other day that Rob and I tried desperately to answer all Amy's uncomfortable questions about death at the dinner table! it is a gentle introduction to the circle of life and a something that will help her to grow up. I guess that there is always a silver lining.

the house is kinds quiet today, Wakka seems a little lost, not knowing what to do, he's been sat by the cat flap all afternoon :(
:heart-break: