RADAR Wayne's Studio..

Posting promised Photos…

Hi Trackers:
Well… IT finally happened… I got to my RADAR Buddies Studio, over the weekend. And… I took my camera with me. I promised some photos of his setup…

He has a Tracking Session comming up and he needed to prepare for it and as well he had some issues with the computer he goes on-line, with…

So, we spent the day playing puter and MIC/LINE Checker…

And I got some photos but my Phototography Prowess leves something to be desired… Along with a host of other things… :O ??? :laugh:

It was a brutial Day, outside. The weather was great but the temperature was -8c at mid-day… The wind was up and the chill factor was in the neighbourhood of -25-to-30c.

We waited all winter for this weather… WE GOT IT… and GOOD-and-BAD…

I am trying to get a working link to post the phots… I have them up-loaded… But when I get it working, I’ll link to them on a later post… Ronnie is try to find out how to make it work… Anyway, I really have to learn how to make my camera work, when I need IT to… The photos I captuered are O.K. but the ones I’d like to have gotten … didn’t come out… I don’t think I waited for the “Flash” to charge-up… Mabey… :O :p

Bill…

Hi Guys:
I found a way to link to them… Instead of useing BraveNet, I’ loaded them to my Home Page… I guess… whatever works…

I don’t have them in any order… except the way they came from the Camera stroage card… I would like to have posted some of the ones that I needed the flash, to capture… But… However sigh… ???

one

two

three

four

five

six

seven

eight

nine

ten

eleven

twelve

thirteen

fourteen

Some of you may recognize some of his hardware… Every unit you see there was the latest in techknowledgy, when it was bought. Some of this stuff will be “Classic” “Vintage”, long after we’re gone… Who knows? ???

I thought the photos that I got of the RADAR Hardware would have been able to post… But… ???

Bill…

Eyup!

Bill, I got a studio just like that… in my dreams :D

Steve

Wow !

Eyes glaze over, drooling

Awsum studio. Great pics. Excellant scenery out the windows too.

But…

What’s the cat for? :D

<!–QuoteBegin>

What’s the cat for?

A chew toy for the dog perhaps? :p

D

PS The only RADAR I have experience with is the kind the fuzz use to hand me speeding tickets… :(

I had a nice reply going this morning on this thread… However, i lost my dial-up and my P-111 took a “Brain-Fart” and re-bboted…

Needless-to-say… I lost the message… :O :p

The “Studio Cat” is Hughie… But he’s not allowed near the studio… But he know’s there’s something going on in there… So, if ya hear any tracks from that place and there happens to be any scratching as a effect to the track, you’ll know it’s Hughie…

My photography prowess let me down. When I got home to see the photos I captuered, I was so dissapointed… The “Buisness End” of the shoot didn’t reveal the photos I went there to get… I was sure the FLASH was working… I was sure the camera was configuered right to get the photos I went there to take… What a shame…

I know you guys would have been interested in the photos I thought I captuered… Mabey, another time… ???

We set up five mics… Among them was an ADK Mellenimium Edition Dual Diaphagram (Tube) mic. Another one was… A Shure SM 57 mic… Ya gotta have one of them when ya do a BLUES Project… I have one of them, (An ADK ME Mic) as well… However, when I heard the “Self Noise” and “Floor Noise” from the Mic’s response in the room I was very dissapointed… in IT…

I don’t know what all was in the Mic’s “Chain”… but the mic I did like idle’ing in the room was a new model APEX mic… A dual diaphagram (Tube) mic… an Aphex 460… A beautiful mic… In My Opinion… I got some photos of it… but the flash didn’t seem to work… There’s a Seven Pattern Switch on the power supply… The same as the ADK ME mic…

I wanted to show you the Corner Baffels and Room Acoustic treatment pannels that are on the walls… But Again… IT was all so dissapointing, when I saw the memorey card… of my camera…

I wanted to show you the ADAM Monitors he has… A detail of the Patch Bay… Some detail of the LEEK Room Monitors… They are British Made… Beautiful… They are Four-way passive cabinets… My ears haven’t heard anything… finer… They were designed for Push-Pull Paraellel 6550 tube/valve MacIntosh power amps… But, those amps are hard to find, these days…

Anyway, here is an interesting story from this area of the country where he lives. It will do your heart well to spend some time and read up on the story you’ll find in this link… Form your own opinions as to what really may have happened there…The exact location of Wayn’s studio is a place called Birchy Head… You’ll find the place in one of the maps as you scroll down the Story Thread…

http://www.newscotland1398.net/lunenco/swissbaysw.html

Toward the bottom of the page you’ll find more links that take you in different directions…

There’s more to THIS than meets-the eye… ???

Keep-in-mind… This could have been a prelude to the World Trade Center Story… Who really know… I think it was a cover-up… IT so happened to have occoured where I call HOME…

Bill…