Re-Loaded v3.3

n-Track

Yep, busted out the reg codes last night and installed n-Track v3.3. Now I bet I start using it for the basics, and loading it into Sam SE… I’ve missed that friendly old cheep-looking interface! I’ve found my needs are mostly simple after all- post-edits can get complex, but the basic chores of mixing are generally, for me, not complicated.

I’ll post as I get back into it- I’m going to do my song entry on v3.3, for the recording and basic mixing anyway.

Hi Sloom:

What build of v3.3 do you have loaded.,
????

Bill…

I don’t know… I’ll find out and post in a while.

AaHh:

Just checking…
I think it should be b1516…

I’d have to admit-and-agree…
Those were nice days…

Clean-and-simple…
Well…

BUT…
I have to say I like b2313…
It works fine, for me and the setup I have…

Bill…

I have found- it’s true- that “Simple” is my middle name! :D

Did you get the Phase88 Control panel sorted out?

Ain’t had time to sit with it yet.

Me too. 3.3 build 1516
I ran the latest v5 demo and …man, I was confused as all get-out. the “kiss” principal works for me, I guess. Or is it just what I’m used to? Dunno… Maybe I’m getting lazy and resistant to change in my old age. When I first got N in 2004 I ran it on a 600mhz Dell laptop. It was challenging, and it forced me to learn a LOT about computers, mixing, mastering,OS issues, etc in a very short amount of time. N 3.3 runs without issues perfectly on my new machine, and I am content with that, tho I kept the v5 demo…ya never know.
Peace,
-Ed

I can’t even run any n-Track anything at all over here (Sloom mopes). But I un-installed the thing and it left all the program fx plug-ins in my plug-ins list for Sam SE!

What… gives.

Quote: (Sloom @ May 23 2008, 7:31 AM)

I can't even run any n-Track anything at all over here (Sloom mopes). But I un-installed the thing and it left all the program fx plug-ins in my plug-ins list for Sam SE!

What... gives.

The un-install does not remove the folders created during installation. The FX and stuff remain too.

Many programs do this and it really gets on my nerves. When I un-install something, I want it ALL gone. Including Registry entries if present. If it leaves stuff, it gives the impression that the program author(s) think "Ah, they're just kiddin'... They really want to leave it and install our newer version over the top of the old one." What you end up with is detritus scattered all over the darn place.

D

PS I've tried to go back from V5 myself Sloom. It never worked. It would work if I wanted to do a format and install of XP. I don't have the time or patience for that so I gave up.

Right on all that- I want to be able to clean up without having to pay a ‘penalty’ for uninstalling. It just comes off as a little ‘parasitic’, all these .dll files bonding to all these other resident bits of code! It’s worse than an electrician in your house who leaves little piles of rubble behind your kids’ beds, etc…

But anyway, case closed for now. Now I remember why I got kind of pissed off at n-Track! I do hope for a better showing this time though.

Thanks for the reply, D.