read this and you will pee.

Read the reviews of these cables:

http://www.amazon.com/AudioQu…uct_top

They are a bit pricey for me $6,800.00, but at least they save you $1,650.00 over the list price. :laugh:

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Read the reviews!!! :agree:

I thought Monster was bad, ever see the price of their candy?

PACO

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 01 2010, 6:34 PM)

Read the reviews!!! :agree:

I'm scared, now.

If you are conducting energy in the MHz and GHz., Frequencies Conductors and Insulation factors become important…

However, when transferring Audio frequencies you may have to consider cable resistances of more than 1 ohm, per meter, in length… That’s for speaker lines carrying more than 500 watts into an 8 ohm load…
For Line-level transfer of energy, 5 ohms per meter is a negligible factor… Get a good meter and measure your wires and report back here…

Try not to be influenced by the kind of reasoning that causes you to replace all your wires, in the name of audio quality…
:p
:laugh:

Sorry I don’t read those kind of reviews…

:(
:whistle:

Tell em I Said-So…

Bill…

[edit] Mark A:
I forgot to ask… What’s your take on this ????

To detect a discernible difference between these “magic” cables and the more garden variety speaker cables, one would have to own or have access to about 50,000 dollars worth of lab equipment AND the expertise to know what you were looking for. Trying to tell the difference in real world use? Forget about it. Ain’t going to happen. Period. Well… if it DOES happen, the low end cable is truly a piece of shite.

Avoid the scams… because that’s what this stuff is all about.

UJ

Quote: (woxnerw @ Dec. 03 2010, 12:17 AM)

If you are conducting energy in the MHz and GHz., Frequencies Conductors and Insulation factors become important..

However, when transferring Audio frequencies you may have to consider cable resistances of more than 1 ohm, per meter, in length.. That's for speaker lines carrying more than 500 watts into an 8 ohm load..
For Line-level transfer of energy, 5 ohms per meter is a negligible factor.. Get a good meter and measure your wires and report back here..

Try not to be influenced by the kind of reasoning that causes you to replace all your wires, in the name of audio quality..
:p

Sorry I don't read those kind of reviews..

:(
:whistle:

Tell em I Said-So..

Bill..

[edit]
Mark A:

I forgot to ask..
What's your take on this ????

One of my favourite soap-box topics Bill. And I'm right with you on this. It's complete rubbish (kinda).

A cable only has properties on resistance (impedance), capacitance, and a little induction perhaps if the cable is coiled. But at the frequency and power we're talking about I doubt that there's any discernible difference between high-end audio speaker cable and mains flex!

But folks say they can hear a difference. Ok, perhaps they do, but if you'd just spent $xxx a foot on cable I think there's some psyco-acoustic effects going on there too.

And don't even get me started on the fact that these cables are then used in an untreated living room with the speakers two feet apart by the TV.

And what the heck is "sounds better" anyway? Surely we can only deal with absolutes. Does the band sound more like they were there in my living room. Nope, cause not. Most (modern, pop) bands sound nothing like their cds.

Hmmmph. Now I feel better

Read the reviews! :laugh:

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Dec. 02 2010, 11:07 AM)

To detect a discernible difference between these "magic" cables and the more garden variety speaker cables, one would have to own or have access to about 50,000 dollars worth of lab equipment AND the expertise to know what you were looking for. Trying to tell the difference in real world use? Forget about it. Ain't going to happen. Period. Well... if it DOES happen, the low end cable is truly a piece of shite.

Avoid the scams... because that's what this stuff is all about.

UJ

I hung around a National Institute of Rec' Arts twenty odd years ago helping an engineer friend. I was armed with a soldering iron and did what I could to earn free 'through the night' recording time.
One of the lectures I ligged was presented by a guy who had THE 50Gs worth of equipment, which, indeed, couldn't decern between bell wire and the gold plated dogs nuts stuff.

(I wish I could remember the name of, or find reference to the monitors in that place. I thought it was something like; Ueri/Euri/Iuri.....?
Maybe a 15"/18" cone with an enormous, bright blue flared horn launched out of the centre and sat on brick plinths - ring any bells?)
Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 03 2010, 8:45 AM)

Read the reviews!

I have!

Quite funny and all true… :agree:

UJ

funny how folks just blow right by things posted. My grandaughter asked my wife last night what she was getting me… Wife says, “He posted something on Facebook he said he wanted for recording. I’ll probably get him that.” All I said was, "I think I’m going to need 2 of those."

Still waiting for the payoff on that one…

Quote: (TonyR @ Dec. 02 2010, 3:15 PM)

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Dec. 02 2010, 11:07 AM)

To detect a discernible difference between these "magic" cables and the more garden variety speaker cables, one would have to own or have access to about 50,000 dollars worth of lab equipment AND the expertise to know what you were looking for. Trying to tell the difference in real world use? Forget about it. Ain't going to happen. Period. Well... if it DOES happen, the low end cable is truly a piece of shite.

Avoid the scams... because that's what this stuff is all about.

UJ

I hung around a National Institute of Rec' Arts twenty odd years ago helping an engineer friend. I was armed with a soldering iron and did what I could to earn free 'through the night' recording time.
One of the lectures I ligged was presented by a guy who had THE 50Gs worth of equipment, which, indeed, couldn't decern between bell wire and the gold plated dogs nuts stuff.

(I wish I could remember the name of, or find reference to the monitors in that place. I thought it was something like; Ueri/Euri/Iuri.....?
Maybe a 15"/18" cone with an enormous, bright blue flared horn launched out of the centre and sat on brick plinths - ring any bells?)

http://tecfoundation.com/hof/hofimages/2006-10-UREI-813.jpg ?

Whoa! teryeah! Nice one. The ones I met were a single cone - but, yes. Them’s the babies.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 04 2010, 4:32 AM)

funny how folks just blow right by things posted. My grandaughter asked my wife last night what she was getting me.... Wife says, "He posted something on Facebook he said he wanted for recording. I'll probably get him that." All I said was, "I think I'm going to need 2 of those."

Still waiting for the payoff on that one.....

Actually I saw that on FB but thought but was busy so didn't comment : - )

Might go and comment now though!
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 03 2010, 9:32 AM)

funny how folks just blow right by things posted. My grandaughter asked my wife last night what she was getting me.... Wife says, "He posted something on Facebook he said he wanted for recording. I'll probably get him that." All I said was, "I think I'm going to need 2 of those."

Still waiting for the payoff on that one.....

Oh, man, your mixes are really going to be good now, finally!!!