recordin tip

Budweiser is not beer. :angry:

How’d we get so far off Limey’s topic, anyway? ???

Quote (TimOBrien @ Mar. 14 2005,09:37)
Yup, nobody will play around with the equipment.

Everyone wants a straight "what numbers/patch do I select?"-type of answer and they don't realize that there are SO many variables that many times there is NO absolute answer. Everyone wants instant gratification from a "do A...then B...then C" list.

You mean there is a reason they put knobs on them doohickeys? That's half the reason I am in this game. I like messing with knobs. (Mind out of the gutter folks....)

Hi All:
The thread is right on Topic… The message here, and Limey would agree… Have fun with tracking… Don’t get too serious doing it… The end result will be a track with Flavor that comes from the Heart… After you got the track , you can always get serious with it on the Time-Line. It’ll be the Keeper Track, in most cases…

If it ain’t, you can always go to the fridge and get another beer… :p and give it another take…

Today, I’ve been working on a couple of St. Bernard Church Choir cuts… we tracked back in Oct.18, 2003 … I’m doing a Bass Track for one of them… I’m hopeing that Ronnie will upload them to the Web Page tonight, before he turns in… This CD has gone into it’s 3rd edition… It was done as a Christmas Promotional CD… So, I thought I would place a Bass Track on this cut… The Shaker is way out front… So I thought a bass track would soften it up…

I put a pot of chicken soup on when I started the project… The pot is almost empty… :laugh:

Bill…

Oh, Ali Nergle, that is Limey, he’s just offering advice to people like me, I’ll be glad to buy you all a round of newcastles if it isn’t Limey. I’ll buy you several rounds. Hey, that sounds pretty good irregardless. Everyone have a Newcastle. :D

And people call me a doubting TomS. :p

And besides all that some of us SLOW people can’t make out what the heck he’s trying to say! Not knocking ol’Limey or anybody else for that matter. Its just Limey-speak is hard for this ol’ redneck to read.

TG – Cockney (ish?) illiterate?

Bill, (Woxnew) I cant make any sense of what you said!

Ps, are you from Vancouver? We are sailing up to Alaska this june, if you know any stuff we should see in Vancouver, please let me know?

Thanks,
Scott

Quote (TomS @ Mar. 15 2005,17:52)
Budweiser is not beer. :angry:

How'd we get so far off Limey's topic, anyway? ???

:D I'm sure that it wasn't beer that made you hear such wonderful ambiance lol Say, move the refrig closer to the comp! If you put the mic in the refrig and close the door you might hear the light switch off! :D haha y'all are buzzin!

Limey? I agree in fact I had one engineer warn me. He said that most of his gear was bought because one of the other peices of grear needed it, or so he thought! It's good to make do with what you have and master that! But experimenting is where it's at! I like to do that with songs, tracks and music ideas.
Tom

[quote=chiller,Mar. 16 2005,01:06]Bill, (Woxnew) I cant make any sense of what you said!

I’m attempting a “Bluenoser” take-off on Limey. I guess I just don’t measure up… ??? :p

However, my nose is still BLUE… lol… and… I read Limey just fine… All them let ??? ters-in-them-words… :O

Bill…

Tennant’s Super? Don’t believe I’ve ever had the pleasure. OK, next time I’m in your neck of the woods you’re buying. :D

luvly take off ali mate’’’‘made moi larf’’‘wox nailed it rite’’‘all about avin a laugh doin songs’’‘if yer can rite n produce songs dat punters enjoy n av fun wiv den yer golden’’’‘y did cream do so well’’‘cos good fun songs’’‘same wiv shadows n animals’’‘
if yer really lissen ta early animals n stones yer can ear discrepancies’’‘but didnt stop em cos songs blinkin good stuff’’‘
lotta stuff back then recoprded like i said in me starter post’’‘
jus tryin ta give blokes ta thinkin about da ROOTS of recordin’’’‘n forgettin bout all da fancy shmancy stuff n canned music producshun loike a gabillion songs now’’’‘
now back to ali avin a go’’‘i can take it’’’‘all good laffs’’‘ive ad gobs tuffer’’‘like luggin blinkin gitter amps around frum studio ta blinkin studio’’’’ :D :D

As the real limey used to say:

“yer don’t need a better mic, ya needs ta rite a hookier song!”

Whoever is impersonating Limey these days is pretty good at it.

Welcome, Limey!

teej

This reminds me of a project I did years ago. It was a three piece blues band playing all at once in a semi-large living room in an old house I was living in at the time. The ceilings were high, around 9 feet, and the walls were about 22 * 18 feet with one end open to a slightly smaller room with what use to be double door (the doors were gone -- I love those old houses for recording). The floors were very solid hardwood and the walls were thick real plaster. It was a great room to work in, though a bit live.
Yes, I'm quoting myself.

I found a cassette of the nearly finished mixes of all the songs they did that day. It's about 15 years old, so the quality of the tape isn't too good, but it's not that bad either. There's some flutter and and obvious roll-off on the upper highs as swould be expected with a cheap standard forula cassette. Other than that it's pretty close to the final product.

I don't have a copy of the final-final mixes unfortunately.

It's mixed very close to mono intentionally, though I don't remember why anymore. I know the band used it for a demo and the mass produced tapes were CHEAP and mono and sounded like crap, barely voice quality.

I forgot the names of most of the songs (some are obvious standards, some are more obscure), so I didn't label any of them yet. Feel free to fill me in....I know Hound Dog and Mabeline and Wine Wine Wine. I don't know the Buddy Guy song, for example.

Anyway, this is for demo purposes only.

Bad Bob and The Rockin' Horses
http://www.phootoons.com/badbob/

Hi phoo:
Thanks for the link to some “Hot Songs”… Too bad, I only have a modem and dial-up… :( ( My modem speed just Plays-and-Buffers )…

However I listened to pieces of most of them. They just ReeK, with Good-Time Energy… :laugh: :;):

Was all that stuff in your Young-and-Foolish Days on the East Coast?

That stage should’a made you some Good-Time Money…

Bill…

Hi nergle:
What a great post! :p

It reminds me when I was a youngester, living at home… My Dad considered himself quite the “HomeBrewer”… Well, he made some pretty Hot Stuff… However, I was never allowed to get into it… lol… The Ferment Barrel used to sit behind the stove, in the kitchen…

Anyway, it was discovered that the Ferment was getting lower in the barrel each day… As it turned out the dog was getting into the Hopps… Needless-to-say, the dog wasn’t man’s best friend for some time… My mother’s comments was, the dog stank up the house for days before the discovery… Nobody knew, for why… :p I can remember, the air got awful ugly, at times… hehehe…

Bill…