Recording In Live Mode And Sound Cards

Quote: (Daner @ Jan. 22 2009, 4:56 PM)

The MW12 Is always hooked to the computer and N Track

I'm not too sure about these drivers (asio)...what are these drivers going to do for me?

D...I still want to shop...When a good singer(not me) Is recording...the sound engineer must put some good effects back to the singers headphones...do they not??

Lemme give the manual for that Yammy the once over tomorrow at work. Hey... gotta do something productive on the clock right? :laugh:

Then we'll see what you got...

D

Daner… buddy… today was h#!! on earth at work. I didn’t have a chance to scope out that Yammer-haw manual. Bear with me… You want to forget all about the RealTec and use the Yammy for everything. Lemme check out the book of werdz and I’ll get back to you… :agree:

D

He’ll 'member it better if he just learns the monitoring switches on the mixer. :laugh:

Yup. The most remembered lessons are those learned the HARD WAY…
(unless you are complete morons like those chuckleheads at work who made my day SUCK sooo bad. Then you should be shot before you have a chance to contaminate the gene pool further…)

Not you Daner… as far as I know, you don’t work where I am enslaved… :disagree:

D

EDIT: Sigh… I’m sorry for the above… the part about the morons err… I mean my lovable co-workers…

EDIT Part Deux: Why is it some people wake up and they are like “Oh! It’s a brand new day! Everything I learned from past experiences is gone! I TRULY AM a blank slate!” and seem to be PROUD OF IT!!

I’m going to BED! If those idiots haunt my dreams…

You could bounce everything to a .wav track and just ‘solo’ that track while
you add vocals to another track. (Save alot of CPU overhead)

Thanks Guys…I really appreciate all your help , I’m doing way better on this then I did before using N track…That’s why I gave up on It I just had too many problems with C base, and losing the manual didn’t help. I do have It down loaded now…I can take the punches :cool: LOL I know what to CR means now Poppa :) Just getting a trick or two on this Is all I need…I just have my dogs that listen to me, so I don’t have to get too good at recording
Sunny and -25 today :p

Quote: (bax3 @ Jan. 22 2009, 7:09 PM)

Not necessarily.
I like to record with one side of the headphone off my ear so that I can hear my voice as it actually sounds.
In the on-ear side I listen to any pre-recorded track.
I get no latency that was ans I can add effects as I want later.

Yup! I like to do that also. Trying to add effects to your voice while recording is a good confidence boost, but once you get comfortable with your voice, you will prefer to hear it un-aided and experience the joy of how much better you sound when you add the effects during mixing :)