Recording More than 1 Track At a Time?

what to use?

what does everyone use to track drums with? soundcards with multiple inputs? MOTU? what should I be looking at to record several tracks at once that works well with n-Track?

Well there is a multitude of different soundcard/interfaces that will work with n-Track.
Personally, I use a MOTU 828mkII and a M-Audio Octane 8 channel ADAT preamp.
What’s your budget?
Do you have a mixer or any dedicated preamps? If so, what models?
That will help in offering suggestions.

-Ken

I swear these exact same replies came up a month ago… de ja vu… anyways :) do as crankz1 says and give us more details.

budget isn’t a huge deal. so whatever…

as of right now i just have some cheap pre-amps. ART TUBE MP… the m-AUDIO DMP-3… etc.

Echo Layla24, or whatever their newest top of the line card is. :)

I’ve used a Layla20 for years and have added a Gina24 coupled with a Behringer AD8000 preamp. I also have a Layla24 at work. Echo makes good stuff and writes good drivers.

so does the MOTU 828 work well with n-Track? at the moment i am using just a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 card.

i had a friend who used the 828 and he said n-track didn’t recognize the multiple tracks…

Quote (geekformayor @ Dec. 28 2004,19:27)
so does the MOTU 828 work well with n-Track? at the moment i am using just a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 card.

i had a friend who used the 828 and he said n-track didn't recognize the multiple tracks..

Works beautifully for me!
All inputs are recognized just fine using the MOTU FireWire Audio ASIO drivers.