Refuse sack

work in progress

hey guys, I think i’ve posted this before but have since had
Phoo add an awesome drum track and Tom has put the juiciest bass line on it for me, you gotta hear this…

Refuse sack (mp3)

This is still a work in progress, we’re still adding instruments and mixing etc but it’s a demo for you guys to get your teeth stuck in to.

love ya Tom ‘n’ Mr Phoo x

Ange x

ps:can’t believe it’s taken me this long to post it, sorry guys :s

Weeellll. someone said they were going to re-record the bass anyway…next monday!
???

that isn’t the “mix” I did, is it?

I’ve heard this song before, but the bass and drums really add so much to it. :agree: You have me suddenly wanting to listen to my KT Tunstall CD.

Yep - I member this one too - very nice cut guys. Very nice vocal Ange - you’re awesome!

Wow, Ange. Really good job all!

Excellent! :agree:

Excellent! Love the feel and good downbeat to it, easy to listen to, what else would you add to it? harmonies? I don’t know but I wouldn’t change it tooooo much… great job on this!

Great! I like it! :agree:

D

What would you folks add to it? Where would you take it, so to speak?

I don’t hear anything other than whatever Ange might come up with for BGV’s. It’s such a nice package the way it is. Ya’ll did great.

I like how the instruments come in gradually. Might continue that by bringing in background elements around 1:15, 1:54 and so on. Gradually filling the soundscape. No thoughts on what those elements might be.

Loved this 1st time around Ange. I liked the meaning in the lyrics. Even better now. :agree:

I think a violin behind the last chorus would be really effective.(Not strings, just solo)

Quote: (Bruffie @ Apr. 29 2009, 10:09 PM)

Loved this 1st time around Ange. I liked the meaning in the lyrics. Even better now. :agree:

I think a violin behind the last chorus would be really effective.(Not strings, just solo)

Hmmm. I know someone who plays violin,... let me get back to you on that one...

bless ya all.

love the fiddle idea too bruffie.

can’t wait to see what the guys do to it next.

Ange x

Well…we’re waiting for guidance from you, Ange!

???

don’t ask me! I’m just the writer, you guys are the musicians :)

Nice…with some moments reminiscent (spelling) of the credible older stuff Rod Stewart used to do ie. Mandolin Wind…You Wear It Well…Mine For Me etc

:agree:

Listen to Ange - “I’m just the writer, you guys are the musicians…” :p

Poppa, suggestions?

I’m not a real musician. Thanx for the set up Tom.
I’ll take a hard look at though. Once I hear that voice though… Hard to want anything else.
Y’all let her shine, I like that.

Just listened with my production hat on. I hear a cello or viola doing some 8ths staccatos on the ands… We have a new gal in the band that plays viola and our bass player does cello - let me run it by them.

Hey guys, I’ve had an awesome violin track added to this and it’s sounding great…

TOM… are you doone with it? i’d love to put it up on soundclick now and get it out there.

hopefully i’ll have the finished track uploaded soon…watch this space.

Ange x