Registered for the third time

Went to log in and my name was not accepted. Had to re-register for the third time. when I search for my past threads(I needed some info) nothing shows up. What gives? Very frustrating!!!

The forum got hacked a while back and Flav had to rebuild it. All the old posts were lost and everybody had to re-register. Cressey even registered about a dozen different names just be on the safe side! :D :D :D

TG

Is there a work-around for anyone registered on the Board but is unable to receive mail for “Tracking Topics”?

I’m unable to get this to work sense the last Board Build…

Bill…

check the email addie you listed. Are you sure it is correct? didn’t misstype it? and do you have any type of blocking software that would delete it or are using someting like Hotmail or yahoo that has it built in?

fish

Hi savingedmund :
I’ll check my control panel again… Thanks for the Heads-up…

I use my prime mail address on any Board I visit. I get mail notification from other boards I visit. This has happened before, when this board has gone down. After a few months I would start to get mail notification. But this time nothing yet… ???

Bill…

[EDIT]
I’ve checked… and then rechecked… I’ll wait-and-see…

Thanks again…

Sometimes it’s not the board or email address. Sometimes it’s your email server. I’ve had lots of problem with my phootoons.com addresses because spammers have been spoofing with anyrandomnameorlettercombination_at_phootoons.com. AOL and MSN both blocked receiving anything from a phootoons address, they even blocked sending to phootoons.com for a while. In almost all cases there was not a bounced message or warning, but every blue moon I’d get a messaged returned from a non-existent address, or one that failed for some reason. Also in these cases it was the spam I didn’t send that bounced. That was the first sign something was funky. Then email I was expecting didn’t arrive, then I tried sending from my own MSN address and it didn’t work, so I got friends on other servers to send and they didn’t arrive either. It was a pain. I had to contact AOL and MSN myself. Neither responded directly, but magically things started working after I sent them complain mail. Unfortunately, I don’t know what other service providers have phootoons blocked.

Flavio has had a similar problem with fasoft.com and/or ntrack@com, based on the occasional problems I’ve seen posted here. When this happens there’s really not much anyone can do except complain about being on their (whoever’s) blacklist and hope things start working. It’s understandable why service providers are so secretive. The last thing they need to do is remove a real spammer from their black lists.

Spammers have really made a mess for us.

Hi phoo:
That’s a great post… It describes what I think is happening to me. Back on April 11th… That’s roughly when the CC Board failed, I got hit hard with a virus… As a result I lost two Hard Drives. One being my C Drive and the other one being a Drive that I had two “Work-in-Progress”, Projects on… I don’t know the dates, but it was shortly after that the n-Track Board failed… ( The drive failuers may have been unrelated.)

It was around that time that the server I’m on began to get Spam’ed… The guy at the Server Shop said he was being hit at a rate of around 35,000 hits-a-day… It got bad for me. I was processing close to 200 pieces of mail/spam per day… It seemed like there was spam-connected-to-spam… When I figuered out how to do it, I began to Block the Spam, at the server… I have hundreds of Spam addresses on my spam list… I’m frightened to delete them for fear that I may get hit again… Is that possible??

It has become a serious matter for me… When I rebuilt my C Drive I set the security too high… Then I had to relax the settings to begin to receive mail… Mabey I need to relax it again…

I see it as a shame that the Spamm’ers have taken such a hold on Cyber…

I promised I would try not to OT… Here I’m doing it again… Well…

Bill…