Registered N-Track version shows

behaviour of a trial version

Hi,
I’am using N-Track version 4.2.1 without larger problems since 2006. My OS is Windows XP SP3. - Two days ago I installed my new audio interface Focusrite Scarlett 18i6. There was no problem - everything wents fine during the instalation procedure. - But! When I try to record N-Track shows a message(Evaluation Version…) and ervery 20 sec a sound is added, which destroys every recording.

My question: Is this a typical behaviour for a N-Track trial version?! If so, I don’t understand this, because my version is registered. After that I uninstalled and reinstalled N-Track and typed in the registration numbers. The program is registered again on my name - but this has no effect! The above mentioned behaviour doesn’t disappear.

Later on I found an older Version on my HD, N-Track 4.0 from 2004. I installed this version and it worked!!! - So what can I do to use my 4.2.1-Version without those restrictions of messages and sound-disruptions?!..

Lomi

Lomi,

versions of n-Track prior to v6 had a distinction between 16 bit and 24 bit registration. It looks like you are registered in 16 bit mode, and the new audio interface is a 24 bit one, n-Track will play the 4 note organ sound when registered in 16 bit mode and a 24 bit format is selected for recording or playback.
If you need to use 24 bit recording/playback you can upgrade to version 6.x, which always supports 24 bit recording and playback:
http://ntrack.com/upgrade
If you prefer to use version 4.x you can email after having ordered the 6.x upgrade and I’ll also email you the 24 bit registration codes for version 4.x.

Thanks.

Regards,
Flavio.