Request for New Version 4.1.5 ..

Optional Mixer Layout…

Hi n-Trackers:
I have been contemplating writing this topic sense V4.1 build 1961… It was the first build of v4.1 that I installed on this setup where the Updated Mixer options became available to me, where there were options of displaying the combinations of mixers that can be set-up, and what can be displayed, for mixing… during a “Mixing Project”…

I’m finding the Mixer that I can create for the way I’d like to see the mixer appear very practical and I can Move the mixer over to the second monitor screen, of the setup I have…

But, I don’t seem to be able to alter the “Default Appearence”, of the Mixer’s Layout…

However, I’ve attempted to alter the “Mixer-Strip-Line-Up” or differently, than it appears as defaulted…

That is… The Master Mixer Strip is always on the Left, or the first strip that appears on the Mixer Screen… Then the next strip that is on the Time-Line or Channel (1)… and so on to the last instrument strip on the Right Hand side of the screen… Then the Group Strips from 1-4 or more… whatever the case… Now… That appearance is just fine or it is… Whatever one gets used to…

But, I must be of the “OLD School”… and… Haveing said that… The console I have in my studio is set-up this way…

Instrument strips 1 - 24 from Left-to-Right then… The Master Strip… then the Group Strips from Left-to-right…

It becomes confusing to grab Real faders in one instance and then Virtual faders in another instance that are in different places, from Left-to-Right…

My request for Flavio and n-Track is…

Could it be possible to have a choice to organize the n-Track mixer screen(s) so that the instrument faders 1-24? appear as Left-to-Right? Then have the Master Strip followed by the Group Strips?? I can see… at some point-in-time, that there might be more than one Master Strip… That being, for mixing Multi-Surround Sound Projects… Well. mabey…

I got used to the “School” of mixing from Left-to-Right with the Left Hand… Then Mixing the Groups with the Right Hand… from Left-to-Right… with the Master In-Between the Instruments and Groups…

Bill…

hah, good call. never thought alot about it since the mixer changes… but yeah, it makes sense that it should be organized like a real mixer.

i think it was probably done the way it is now because of the old version having the master and aux’s at the top.

Well, with the new multiple mixers (since version 4.1) you could always have the Track mixer window for the instruments, the Master mixer window for the master/auxes and add a third mixer window for the groups. Then you can arrange them in any order you like. I’m sure you could get it to look a whole lot like your analog mixer’s layout without too much trouble.

It’s a bit of a workaround I admit but complexity is the price we pay for flexibility.

hth,
mrtoad

Hi mrtoad:
You are very right. I first set up the mixer as you suggested… and it looks perfect, that way… But then there are three mixers to “Drag” around and resize…

But that is O.K. and all… But It would be nice to set up a mixer that is configuered in (ONE) screen … then, move-and-resize that mixer, in one “GO”… If a Re-Config’able re-set anyway the operator chooses, then it could be setup and stored anyway one chooses…

I’m so pleased with the appearence of these latest builds… So, Flavio, and All. Don’t get or take me the wrong way… Please… But, I’m hopeing that he might consider working this idea into a new build… If it ain’t too hard to do… That is…

Bill…