Resale shops..

:slight_smile:

I like to visit resale shops, found several cool things today.
A partial set of Callaway Big Bertha irons for 2 bucks, a 2 prints, one from France made in 1780 the other from Switzerland in 1816 for 9 bucks each (they sell for about 500 and 300 US dollars respectively), and a copy of this book, which goes for about 300-400 US dollars - for a buck:

Quote:

Lyon and Healy. THE HAWLEY COLLECTION OF VIOLINS. With a History of their Makers and a Brief Review of the Evolution and Decline of the Art of Violinmaking in Italy, 1540-1800. Chicago, 1904.
105 pp., 36 full-page plates illustrating 12 instruments. (bound in original type boards, some writing, several pages stained, several of the tissue pages are worn, two of the tissues pages are replacements, some foxing, in general, the plates themselves are very good to near-fine) Includes instruments by Stradivari (the Healy and the Earl), Guarneri del Gesu (King Joseph and Jarnowick), Nicola Amati, Maggini, Bergonzi, Rogeri, Guadagnini, Joseph filius Andreaa Guarneri, Stainer, and Lupot! Edition limited to 2000 copies. A copy brought
£572, about
$1000 at the Christie’s auction of November, 1988.
$375.00

Beautiful book. Here is a google version of it:

http://books.google.com/books?i…f=false

Awesome! I never have much luck in those places. Usually just find junk…

The book in good shape?

D

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 09 2009, 3:27 PM)

I like to visit resale shops, found several cool things today.
A partial set of Callaway Big Bertha irons for 2 bucks

great deal! Wondering if your comme ci, comme ça approach to music applies to your golf swing.

Levi, you know it.

D - the book would be graded as “very good” by a bookseller. Not a library copy, from someone’s private collection.

http://www.firsts.com/Grading.html

Quote:

great deal! Wondering if your comme ci, comme ça approach to music applies to your golf swing.

how the hell does a texan spell french phrases correctly, accents and all, yet can't do english to save his life?
Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 09 2009, 5:09 PM)

Levi, you know it.

D - the book would be graded as "very good" by a bookseller.
Not a library copy, from someone's private collection.

http://www.firsts.com/Grading.html

Cool... Excellent find Tom. :agree:

D

L’homme du Texas parle anglais comme une guitare forte.

Or something like that.

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Oct. 09 2009, 5:54 PM)

Quote:

great deal!
Wondering if your comme ci, comme ça approach to music applies to your golf swing.

how the hell does a texan spell french phrases correctly, accents and all, yet can't do english to save his life?

Yeah isn't that crazy? Especially when I use the same source for both. Go figure :laugh:
Much has to do with my dyslexia and hair trigger laptop single click button. All I have to do is have my finger near it and it goes off, don't worry about it. I feel fine. :agree:

yet can't do english to save his life?

You know what's really funny? I read your posts(everyones)and I read mine, I don't see any difference.
Your beating a dead horse.
Quote:

All I have to do is have my finger near it and it goes off

nickel for every time i've heard that.

incognito
Quote: (Levi @ Oct. 10 2009, 3:07 AM)

yet can't do english to save his life?

You know what's really funny?
I read your posts(everyones)and I read mine, I don't see any difference.
Your beating a dead horse.

I've wondered...is it better to beat a live horse? Seems like a violation of the animal's rights either way.

Seems like it! :agree:

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Oct. 10 2009, 8:35 AM)

Quote:

All I have to do is have my finger near it and it goes off

nickel for every time i've heard that.

incognito

You don't have a laptop so you can be a skeptic, it's ok.
Sure hope that this is all perfectly spelled, good gamer, no riddles, no personality.
Since we here are under such strict censorship, while exercising lovable "oneupsmanship".
Finding fault is such an exhilarating social sport.
Love it!

O, U think U R sooo Smrt. I mean “Smart.”

$10 monopoly money for the first person who gets the reference.

I’d give it a try for some real cash,
darn, hoping that I spelled it right.
On needles and pins here!
Oh man I forgot to cap the d in darn, hoping y’all can find some forgiveness in your hearts. :laugh: The spelling whining bs has opened up a whole new can of happiness :laugh:

Quote:

$10 monopoly money for the first person who gets the reference.

man i was out playing music all day (literally) and still no one got this? really?

Homer Simpson: "I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T! I mean, S-M-A-R-T!"

i forget which episode.

personality can come as much from, if not moreso from, the content of what's being said, as opposed to spelling and syntax.

Google got it, I didn’t have the heart to cheat and post that I knew it. I’ve never watched the simpsons, only glanced at it a couple times.

no google-ing here. simpsons, family guy, i’m probably going to get it. anything else, forget it.

Quote:

no google-ing here.
simpsons, family guy, i'm probably going to get it.
anything else, forget it

You are one dedicated simpsons guy.
I thought I had seen them all, but drew a blank
on that one.
By the way, tell all us no-longer live, viable rockers how the gig went?