Resurrecting my Free

Home Page…

Hi guys:
Today, I’m trying to and begin to up-date the original Home Page I had way back in 2004 and 2005… The link I had to the Real Home Page/Domain Name was Hi-jacked/removed from public access and it left me unable to continue offering Public Links, to my audio interests…

I’ve sent Ronnie, the Keyboard Guy who built/maintained the page for me, some mail asking him to get this (link) up-and-running, again…

I used to get a large number of “Hits” on the page from guys who downloaded Impulse Response Samples for the SIR Reverb VST Plug-in… I created a number of Samples that seemed to work just fine for Acoustic Grand Pianos, or that’s what I heard from a number of guys who operate studios over on the Continent…

I’m attempting to up-date the page to be more current that 2005… so… over the next while I’ll alter/change, the links/files, as the case may be, the links, that you’ll find there…

My Webpage

You might find some interesting viewing if you browse around the links… Anyway, these are some of the interests I have, in-and-around my audio setup… if you have the time, that is…

Bill…

Very nice, Bill. Glad you got it up and running again.

What’s you big mixer?

I still think we ought to go into business building and selling versions of that Northern preamp.

I wrote some mail over to Ronnie… The guy who maintains this page… He maintains several/many pages including Dutchie’s page and many of the musicians in and around here… He’s taking the loss of Dutchie, pretty tough, as many of the guys around here are… Then on top of this, the loss of James Brown… I’ve never seen James Brown playing “Live”… But, I know the energy that came from Dutchie’s Stage when he counted in his songs… This has been a tough weekend for music as I know it… The loss of these guys and, of the music world as I know it, is gonna be tough to replace. I’ve seen the names of people posting on his Guest page that I never knew had any interest in the internet… It’s a Fact-of-Life… Music touches the hearts of people in many different ways…

The console is a Hill “Remix” 24 -16 - to - 16 - 8 - 2… There’s nothing special about it, except it works and doesn’t blow up… But the meter lights have been known to blow-out, from time-to-time… I’m considering changing the meter bulbs for hi-output LED’s, to illuminate the meters… I have to redesign the power supply to make that happen… They now work on a 12 volt regulated supply… For the meter bulbs, only…

Years ago, I contemplated designing and manufacturing a guitar amp and going into a Limited Production of 1000 units. It got pretty close… I was in the process of hunting the world for quality parts at the right price and incorporating a business front… and then expanding the front to include the Mic pre-amp(s)… When I discovered the kind of “Capital” that would be necessary, to get up-and-running I took another “Long-Look” at the endeavor… I was just too far along in my years to harness myself into the kind of capital it would require to make-it-float… In the beginning, I though $1000.00 would be the market price that would make it float… Now, $2000.00 per unit would maybe, be just enough… But too much for the market place to endure… The cost of the parts to the retail of the unit should be in the ratio of ~ 4 : 1… But enough of all that… It’s beyond my imagination, now…

Bill…

Well, people do buy boutique amps for 2000+ in US dollars - if the amp gets enough of a reputation. Look at the prices for used Matchless amps on Ebay, and just try to convince me that they are worth it.

I do love my Carr Mercury, however. :)

Hi Tom:
I’ve heard of guys waiting for years to get one built and paying 5 grand for it… I’ve heard of guys paying big bucks for Mesa Boogie amps only to get rid of them cause no one will fix them… And, it’s not that they are hard to fix… It’s because you can’t get the right parts to replace whatever goes… For that reason, I always liked working on Fender amps… and Peter Traynor amps… After Peter left the scene, Traynor amps lost some of their mystique… They seemed to move on from what made them popular… by the musicians…

I opened a Traynor amp one day only to put it back in the cabinet… I didn’t recognize anything in there that was fixable… What kids buy today is not fixable… When it breaks you just fire it out in the trash…Try something else…

Do any of you remember the Shure Vocal Master PA Amp? If you didn’t use one of them on your stage… Who were you? Now… those amps were hard to fix… You had to have the exact/same transistors to rebuild the power amp stage… Older-or-newer series of amps had to have the correct series of replacement transistors… Otherwise, NO-Worky…

They worked very nice for vocals… But not to carry the “Stage Mix”… I knew stages that used the Vocal Master for vocals and another system to carry the stage mix… That really worked nice… In my opinion.

Bill…

First band I played in we had a Shure “Vocal Disaster.” :) Of course, we didn’t really worry about much but being loud. Interesting about getting the correct parts - you remember the Shure mixer compressor I found a few days back? Turns out it really isn’t fixable, for much the same reason. They go for about 75 bucks on Ebay, and fixing this one would be something like twice as much. Dunno what I will do with it now.

Speaking of boutique amps, here’s one for a ridiculously high price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Matchle…iewItem