Reverb and Panning

How to

I’ve set up reverb on aux 1 and now it sounds like the tracks I’ve panned right and left are now coming from the center after adding the reverb. How do I keep theses tracks panned with reverb?
Thanks,
guitarist

That’s a unique problem, haven’t seen it in here yet.
All I can think of trying is to add the reverb to the individual tracks. Mix them down seperatly with the verb on teach one.
The bring all the files back into a new project file, and pan them accordingly from there.
I know it’s not a perfect solution but it might create the desired effect. Hang in there, someone with more knowhow will chime in soon enough. Try back in a day or two and you should have a couple of better solutions by then.

Good luck,

jerm

I've set up reverb on aux 1 and now it sounds like the tracks I've panned right and left are now coming from the center after adding the reverb. How do I keep theses tracks panned with reverb?

You need to pan the Aux Returns left and right too otherwise the effect (reverb) is in the centre. The Pans for the returns are right next to the Aux sends for each track.

Also, make sure that you set the effect on the aux to 100% wet - otherwise when you add reverb you will also be adding dry signal as well. That will contribture to the problem you are hearing, and also will cause the track volume to rise as you add reverb.

HTH

Mark

Exactly…Put a verb on Aux 1 and the same verb on Aux 2…Pan 1 left and 2 right (the aux returns)…It also is a good idea to pan send 1 left on each track and then send 2 to the right…Now you have a true stereo verb which preserves the stereo image. That is just one of the thousands of things the big guys do to make the vocal both “in your face” and still a little wet without getting “cavey” or lost in the mix (in addtion to compressing/limiting the track)…

Ray

yep, it’s the send pans. if you have them panned center, then the signal sent to the reverb is in the center as well, even if the track is panned otherwise. the auxillaries are really pretty separate from the track depending on how you have it set up.

Make sure the verb is a proper stereo one too… most are, the one supplied with NTrack is…

DSP

Do you guys have stereo group channels yet?

On my software, I pan my individual (for example) harmony vox as I like the spread, then send them to a group channel to share a verb.

Or group the drum tacks so I can adjust them all with a single fader move, while preserving their individual pans.

Yeah, I’ve been using the groups since they came out (2.3 yeah?). Great feature.

Long time no see Tom.

hey willy, Tom.

Thanks so much guys…
That oughta do it!
Always great learning new techniques!
guitarist