Reverb

Can you recommend a good one

Hi Everyone

I am looking for a high quality software reverb that will work as a plug in with n-track. I would appreciate anyones help. I know that one comes with n-track but I am looking for a different sound than that one provides.

Thank You,

Ted Roberts

Jezar’s Freeverb is good, free and available…

Can be found easily through google. Just Google “Freeverb” - You’ll find it - it’s available as VST or LADSPA.

.-=gp=-.

Sir. Can’t get much better for free. :)

Waves impulse. Not free.

I 2nd the impulse files. I use 32 Bit Float IR CD.

However, I now use PSP Easy Verb. Hands down the best affordable plug-in I’ve used!

Mr Soul

Another vote for Freeverb, although I tend to use the “Freeverb Too” variant.

Also been enjoying this one that someone here recommend (I think):

http://www.dasample.com/index.php?show=glaceverb

HTH

Mark

I vote for SIR too

Thanks Guys :D

This is a wonderful forum, I get quick intelligent answers here, thank you.
This afternoon I tried all of those mentioned above, I am doing something wrong with SIR and can’t get it to process the vocal wave track in question. The others were quite easy to use though.
Golly Mark it is hard to believe that Glace Verb by Da Sample is free, Awesome reverb presets and LOTS of them. I love presets because I don’t have to use my brain as much, hehe. Thank you so much for your input, it is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you everyone for your quick and courteous responses.

Ted Roberts

Ted,

SIR should work fine with n-Track

Audiominds has a tutorial on how to use SIR on an AUX channel in n-Track.
Part of it goes through loading an impulse into SIR so that even if you aren’t using it on an AUX channel it may help you set up SIR

The tutorial is here:
SIR Tutorial

HTH,
Rich

If you don’t want convolution (SIR), and would rather have more nobs to tweak the sound, I recommend Classic Reverb and Ambience. The demo version of ambience you can keep indefinitely for free, and all you have to do is put up with a nag screen. I use both a lot. You can find both on KvR

Fish

SIR is good but cumbersome.

My personal favorite free reverb is Anwida DX Reverb Lite.

Here’s the link: Anwida Reverb

Thanks Again Guys

I was able to get SIR working just fine thanks to the tutorial from Rich Lum. I was loading the impulse improperly. I am going to spend more time with it this weekend.
I will probably try all the reverbs suggested because the vocal reverb is crucial to my tunes.
I had some really good luck with Freeverb in addition to Glacerverb.

Ted Roberts

Yeah. good luck. If you are just wanting preset sounds, then SIR is very good for obvious reasons. The only downside is that you can’t alter the sound at all other than the wet/dry mix. I would recommend that if you get a non-convolution based verb, it has settings for high dampening and other frequency settings with it. I find that this is important when finding a good verb. If the echo is too bassy or too shimmery, it can ruin a very good song (depending on the application).

Fish

Thanks Saving Edmund,

I have found out rather quickly that I am going to have to tweak stuff to get the sound I want, so your point is well taken. Mark and I cant seem to find a predelay adjust on GlaceVerb which is a real shame, otherwise it is one heck of a free program.
I am getting some really rich sounds from Freeverb though, so we will see.
Thanks for your input.

Ted

Quote (Ted Roberts @ Feb. 19 2005,01:47)
Thanks Saving Edmund,

I have found out rather quickly that I am going to have to tweak stuff to get the sound I want, so your point is well taken. Mark and I cant seem to find a predelay adjust on GlaceVerb which is a real shame, otherwise it is one heck of a free program.
I am getting some really rich sounds from Freeverb though, so we will see.
Thanks for your input.

Ted

Mark and I cant seem to find a predelay adjust on GlaceVerb which is a real shame, otherwise it is one heck of a free program.

I've emailed their tech support to make sure we're not missing something.

Mark

Cool Mark :D

Ted,

Here’s the reply I got (on a Saturday!)

<!–QuoteBegin>

Hi !

Thanks for your email.
Lots of new controls will be added to future releases of GlaceVerb.
Please feel free to contact technical@dasample.com for more technical details.

Best,

Dasample

Timescales and details would be useful. I’ll try the “technical” email address as suggested.

Mark

Excellent Mark :D

Keep me posted !

Ted