Rita ain't so lovely after all

-or- “It’s coming right at us!”

This here little bitch of a rainstorm:

…will be paying me a visit this weekend. (Houston)

We’ve already cancelled our Friday night gig.

I feel really bad for my girlfriend - she is playing one of the female leads (Lucy) in “Jeykll & Hyde” which opens Thursday at the Hobby center in downtown Houston. This is her first lead role with this company… ####. (sigh) they’ve still got four shows scheduled for next weekend, though.

Anyways… send along some bottled water and clean underwear if you can spare it.

:;):

:cool:

Believe it or not - I actually thought about you this morning when I saw that. Batten down the hatches!

Quote (Mr Soul @ Sep. 21 2005,12:16)
Believe it or not - I actually thought about you this morning when I saw that. Batten down the hatches!

heh… I’m kinda like that bad hangover that you can’t stop thinking about. :D :laugh: :D

Full speed ahead!

I’m not in an area that is prone to flooding, and they haven’t called for an all-out evacuation of the entire Houston area, just the most souhternly parts so far.

Thankfully I don’t live in one of the established evac zones:

The green “x” is where I live.
The colors are for different levels of storms:
Blue - cat 1-2
Tan - cat 3
Purple - cat 4-5

I’m quite sure we’re going to get some seriously nasty breezes going on - cows flying though the air, etc… (which would be interesting because I don’t think there is a cow within 20 miles of here!)

Two in one year is unpresidented. Are they tracking the folks that when from the Super Done to the Astro Dome?

Let’s pray it doesn’t get as bad as Kartina. At least the whole area down there isn’t below sea level. There is stilla lot of area that can get messed up.

According to the weather guys at NOAA, we’re in a pattern of intensified hurricanes for 10 more years.

I can’t think of any better state than Texas for a hurricane to hit though :laugh:

Molly Ivans is from Texas. (Must everything be political and negative?)

It’s Bush’s fault. He’s sending Rita to get the people that Katrina missed. Such is the rath of bush!

Quote (Mr Soul @ Sep. 21 2005,13:08)
I can’t think of any better state than Texas for a hurricane to hit though

If that was meant to be funny… it wasn’t. :(

TG

PS Godspeed JPB!

Quote (Mr Soul @ Sep. 21 2005,13:08)
According to the weather guys at NOAA, we’re in a pattern of intensified hurricanes for 10 more years.

I can’t think of any better state than Texas for a hurricane to hit though :laugh:

Hey, maybe you guys can top it off with a nice big fat earthquake!
:laugh:
Yeah, that would be so funny!
All of the devestation!
I can’t think of a better state for that to happen to!
And I get to say anything I want as long as I put a little laughing face after it, right?

:angry:

She’s gaining stength as she appoaches John. Batten down the hatches. Thoughts and prayers riding with ya this weekend!

From what I’m seeing… this looks pretty bad…

It was in the fall of 2003 that we got hit with Juan… We are still recovering from the effects of that Big Blow… We were able to look up through the “EYE” and see a perfectly clear sky… with Stars… as it blew over… It shut us down for close to 10 days…

This weather is no jokeing matter…

Bill…

Stuff cats & recording gear somewhere safe !

Not just Texas is at risk - the surge apparently will be really bad back in NO.

No one down there seems to be catching a break this year. I’ll know that the end times are here if we start getting hurricanes in Michigan, however.

Keep us up to date if possible, John! Good luck! :D

It’s a Cat-5 storm! Ever hear this song - Galveston Flood?

<!–QuoteBegin>

It was the year of 1900 that was 80 years ago
Death come’d a howling on the ocean and when death calls you’ve got to go
Galveston had a sea wall just to keep the water down
But a high tide from the ocean blew the water all over the town.

Wasn’t that a mighty storm
Wasn’t that a mighty storm in the morning
Wasn’t that a mighty storm
It blew all the people away.

The sea began to rolling the ships they could not land
I heard a captain crying Oh God save a drowning man
The rain it was a falling and the thunder began to roll
The lightning flashed like ####-fire and the wind began to blow

The trees fell on the island and the houses gave away
Some they strived and drownded others died every way.

The trains at the station were loaded with the people all leaving town
But the trestle gave way with the water and the trains they went on down
Old death the cruel master when the winds began to blow
Rode in on a team of horses and cried death won’t you let me go.

The flood it took my mother it took my brother too
I thought I heard my father cry as I watched my mother go
Old death your hands are clammy when you’ve got them on my knee
You come and took my mother won’t you come back after me?

I’m archiving my files right now to my removable hard drives… Gonna take them into work in the morning; one of the benefits of working fo rthe phone compnay is that the buildings are “hurricane-proof” (no windows etc…) hopefully they’ll be safe there.

Just bought a bunch of canned stuff that doesn’t have to be heated to eat, crackers, fruit cups, batteries, bug-repellent, gum, smokes, etc…

Gonna take the cats and a few guitars to stay Friday at my girlfriend’s Mom’s house along with the rest of her family, at least we’ll all be together.

I’ll take my camera and get some pictures of the experience.

This should be interesting.

Thanks for the support.

Golly John Best of luck Bud.

I live in San Antonio Texas, ours prayers are with you.

I’m gonna say it again… This is gonna be bad … This ain’t lookin good… at all…

How far are you from the coast? John…

Bill…

Code Sample
Just bought a bunch of canned stuff that doesn’t have to be heated to eat, crackers, fruit cups, batteries, bug-repellent, gum, smokes, etc…

Even though it doesn’t have to be heated before you can eat it, I’m not so shure if batteries, bug-repellent and smokes will be nice to eat, but maybe that’s just me.
:(

On a more serious note John - take care of yourselves over there man. Two in a row ? Sheez.

I also saw on our news that they are predicting winds of 250 km/h (about 150 mph?). That is no joke.

Let us know how everything held up after its done.

And again - take care and I hope for the best.
Good luck and Godspeed.

Wihan

Are these two hurricanes God’s wrath against the hedon’s in LA & the conservatives in TX? :laugh: