Rock Stars and Greek Philosophy

You know, this is part of the problem I have with contemporary education - the need to fit things into neat, little, comprehensible boxes.

Jim Morrrison was interested in Greek Philosophy; Jim Morrison grew his hair long. Therefore Jim Morrison was obsessed with Greek Philosophers so much that he based his hair style on Greek statues.

PuhLEASE!!

Morrison did his undergraduate degree at UCLA’s film school. Name me a film student who wasn’t interested in Greek Philosophy.

Morrison formed a rock band in 1965. Name me a member of a 1965 rock band who didn’t grow his hair.

Somehow the education system has to nail these sorts of things down to “testable” facts upon which they can base extra credit.

Well when you have professors that don’t even know who Simon Cowell is what do you expect? :laugh:

uh oh I think we’re all gonna get an F from Mrs. Yaz…we deserve it cause we’re area bunch of goof offs!

Quote: (nixon1972 @ Sep. 09 2008, 6:03 PM)

uh oh I think we're all gonna get an F from Mrs. Yaz....we deserve it cause we're area bunch of goof offs!

LOL Nix, but I do think y'all may get a visit from Mrs. Yaz this evening, be prepared!

And no it's not me disguised as her, the legit one is due for a visit!

Now I gotta behave! :whistle:

DAVE COVERDALE of Whitesnake, and Deep Purple!!!

http://user.tninet.se/~cxq849j/Attic/covint.htm

"If I had a time machine… phew… Well, I’ve always been fascinated by the Greek, the early Greek and Roman civilizations. "

Konstantinos Jagger

i thought it was the guys from ‘right said fred’. shows what i know.

Quote: (BillClarke @ Sep. 09 2008, 4:36 PM)

You know, this is part of the problem I have with contemporary education - the need to fit things into neat, little, comprehensible boxes.

Jim Morrrison was interested in Greek Philosophy; Jim Morrison grew his hair long. Therefore Jim Morrison was obsessed with Greek Philosophers so much that he based his hair style on Greek statues.

PuhLEASE!!

Morrison did his undergraduate degree at UCLA's film school. Name me a film student who wasn't interested in Greek Philosophy.

Morrison formed a rock band in 1965. Name me a member of a 1965 rock band who didn't grow his hair.

Somehow the education system has to nail these sorts of things down to "testable" facts upon which they can base extra credit.

Bill, do you know the fallacies of "the straw man" and "hasty generalization"?

:whistle:
Quote:

Both "trick's of the trade" and old debating 'tools'..

Well EXCUSE me, just asked a simple help question for the wifey, didn’t mean to start a ruckus in here too. :disagree:

Quote:

Well EXCUSE me

Steve Martin - not a Greek anything or other... :laugh:

D
Quote: (TomS @ Sep. 10 2008, 12:52 PM)

Ouch!

Yeah Billclarke, I think Mrs. Yaz must have a good class a be a good teacher because she is trying to draw the kids into it, get them involved, pointing out that someone they know was very much into Philosophy, and I bet one of her students will say, “whoa, that dewd, the rocker?? he was into this stuff??kewl!” And then she wins as a teacher because she connects the students to the subject. So sounds to me like she is on the right track and a teacher doing a good job.

Now as for me I still think it was David Coverdale! :) When do we find out the real answer?!?! Can I still get extra credit??!?!?!?! :laugh: I asked some other friends of mine and they were stumped!

Quote: (BillClarke @ Sep. 10 2008, 1:52 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Sep. 10 2008, 12:52 PM)

Ouch!

Oh, sorry, just kidding around! Didn't mean to be a jerk!

Steve Martin: The Jerk

:)

Quote:

Before I go out, I put a slice of bologna in each of my shoes. So when I'm on stage, I feel funny!

Thanks fer all the replies to this fellers, and thanks to Poppa fer posting on Yahoo, and the answer is/was

Jim Morrison.

Now this class is an on-line class Mrs. Yaz is taking at the local comm. college. Not gonna tell you what happened over this, will leave that up to her. But she is gonna join the forum to thank everyone when she gets time (maybe this weekend)so y’all cut her some slack when she does. :)

:agree:

The Jerk (Steve Martin calling his dog) “Here Sh#thead, here boy, Sh#thead”

All we need it this paddle ball…and thermous…and this chair…

Quote: (phoo @ Sep. 12 2008, 3:05 PM)

All we need it this paddle ball....and thermous....and this chair....

ROFL, forgot about that part, I need to watch this movie again, haven't seen it in eons!