Rock the Neighbours

i think evryone knows our problems with understanding midi & most tech things that we are given advice on… so i wanted to upload this to show we can take things in!
lots of people gave us advice on midi but we have to realy thank mark for realising (as hes a teacher) that we just needed a little bit at a time for it to sink in
so weve redone this song one of our faves which was totally ruined by crap drum machine drums & wriiten a midi drum part from scratch with addictive drums & then using toms suggestion of the fiver live drummer guy got sarahs son adam to put live drums on & mixed the 2
we are over the moon with the result the song
absolutly rocks now wow this is what we having been aiming for!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1154808

Yippeeeeee! Scorching.
Embrace that midi shnit.

Al’s got a great voice.

omg what a great song :) :) :)

Yeah, that’s the stuff.
Great song too. that sells it a whole lot better.

That’s a great song! Drums are fabulous. Pure rock 'n roll. Love it! :agree: :agree:

Hi bright lights tonight and Posters:

Ain’t that great…
You are making you mixes so nice-and-clean…,
:agree:
:) The Vocal tracks are sounding “Just Right”, in the mix… :)

Thanks for the link…

Bill…

Hah :laugh:
The chorus makes me think of The Wildhearts.
Yep, that is a compliment!

How did you record Adam’s drums?

Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 28 2011, 7:36 PM)

How did you record Adam's drums?

thanks evrybody for the lovely comments im so pleased you all liked it!

weve only just found how good addictive drums is so we wrote a midi drum part that sounded superb but we wanted a live feel for the track so we got adam to play along but only used all his fills
adams got an electronic kit so recording it was no problem but getting him to play it was i dont think he thinks its cool playing music with his mum & aunt!
of course another problem was matching the sound of his kit to the addictive drums sound which we didnt realy manage if you listen

Sounds like a great match to me. :agree:

Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 29 2011, 10:30 AM)

Sounds like a great match to me.

Me too.

Great song. Nicely done.

Just to complicate the midi thing just one more level - you know you can probably record midi from Adam's kit? Then you can use that midi to drive Addictive Drums. Cool huh?
Quote: (Mark A @ Mar. 29 2011, 4:44 PM)

[
Just to complicate the midi thing just one more level - you know you can probably record midi from Adam's kit?
Then you can use that midi to drive Addictive Drums.
Cool huh?

ooh that sounds like a great idea!
hes not tremendously intrested in our stuff but if we can get him to do some more..
can i ask how wed connect it all up & do it.. in the simplest terms possible if you dont mind :laugh:
Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Mar. 30 2011, 8:58 AM)

[quote=Mark A,Mar. 29 2011, 4:44 PM][
can i ask how wed connect it all up & do it.. in the simplest terms possible if you dont mind :laugh:

Easy peasey....

I'll email you rather than clutter up the thread

Coool.

(it’s possible to configure game-gear (Guitar Hero etc) to daw)

Well done there!
I wouldn’t worry about the different drums. You can only notice when you’re listening for it and also beause you told us!