rode ntk

guitar

I use a rode nt1 for voice and akoestic instruments. The guitar is mainly electric but we have also akoestic songs or mixed. I’m aaalmost satisfied with the akoestic guitar results by using the rode nt1 but will the rode ntk be better for akoestic instruments?

Well: after takin’ a look at www.harmony-central.com I think it’s a good choice.
I repeat, Harmony-central is a nice site for everyone on this forum: you can check users revieuws from everything, guitar, drum, effects, recording stuff etc. :;):

Hey Maria,
I’ve been using an AT4033 for acoustic guitar, and it comes out great on the little digital recorder (a Tascam 788). I got it in trade for an old TEAC tape machine I no longer use- and there are lots of things out there, for sale, trade, etc. In fact, I ran into the trade on harmony-central… :)

Tom ?

Hi Maria,
I have a Rode NTK hooked up to my WamiRack 192X. The mic is solid and so is the company. I haven’t had much luck with nice crisp recordings like I would want on myc acoustic but that could be the sound card, et cetera. I like the mic! I accidently dropped the mic and Rode was very willing and responsive to take a look at it (which didn’t turn out to be necessary). I’ll try and upload a sample… as soon as I can get my n-track working again…
Paul

The mic kills. Get it. You will love it. Or I will eat my hat. :D

Great for acoustic and electric guitar, vocals, percussion, harp (the kind with strings, that is, not the mouth kind :) ). It is not all that great on low end instruments like bass, but other than that, it is lovely.

Quote (TomS @ Jan. 20 2006,19:33)
Or I will eat my hat. :D

You, don’t have to. It’s a pitty, ha ha, I hope I will ever see somebody eating that. I’m totaly in love with this mic. I use it also for singing and it’s very very good. Using effects is not necessary any more for the voice! So, when somebody is looking for a good mic, my advise is a rode ntk! :)

Hah ! Another soul devoted to the cause. Welcome to the club. TomS is the chairman so you’d better be nice to him :)

EDIT: I’ll pay anyone 20 bucks to dislike the NTK as I’d like to see footage of TomS eating his hat :laugh:

It’s a pork pie hat, so I guess I could eat it if I had to.

Isn’t it amazing how well things sit in a mix without any eq, without compression or 'verb even, when recorded with that mic? I am very glad to hear that you are happy with it. Between it and the audix d6 on kick my recordings have really moved up a notch. Too bad my playing and songwriting and singing and such can’t be so easily fixed. :)

Cool helmet !

<!–QuoteBegin>

Hah ! Another soul devoted to the cause. Welcome to the club. TomS is the chairman so you’d better be nice to him

I’ve only got an NT1a. Can I be an Associate Member? Or is this club exclusive to NTK owners only?

Perhaps we need a sub-forum for n-Track Rode users.

Quote (TomS @ Feb. 05 2006,11:40)

Probably... I just bought an NT-2A besides my trusty old NT-1 (original non-A with Chinese capsule).
Quote (TomS @ Feb. 05 2006,11:40)

Hah - it'd be the most boring place :)
Having the NTK and a pair of NT-5s I don't think I need any more Røde mics. ATM I'm looking at a Sennheiser E609 (for loud & noisy electric guitar) and possibly a ribbon if/when I some day can afford it :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

Hah - it’d be the most boring place :)

Yeah, it would all be “I love my Rode, I want to make love to an Australian”.

I’ve only got an NT-1 as well, but I know a guy with a pair of NT-5 and an NTK (which I’ve borrowed from time to time). Can I join too?

Willy.

No, you’ve got to be an owner!

Nah, Willy should be in, he’s got hands-on experience. With the mics I mean, I don’t know about the “making love to an Assie” bit. Know any nice hussies, Willy ? Can they be exported ? :laugh:

Is “hussie” a polite term there? ???

<!–QuoteBegin>

Nah, Willy should be in, he’s got hands-on experience. With the mics I mean, I don’t know about the “making love to an Assie” bit. Know any nice hussies, Willy ? Can they be exported ?

I do own my NT-1 though.

“Hussie” probably isn’t a term that gets used often here. Probably used more in a humorous way and I think if you aimed it at someone 80% of the young female population these days would respond with “huh?”. It’s a bit old fashioned.

Can they be exported? Two words - Jodie Moore. Ran for parliment a couple of years ago…

In terms of offensiveness, from least to worst, it would be hussy < tart < slut. Of course, the implications of each term is significantly worse than the previous too.

So come on. We need a clear ruling on this club. Can an owner of any Rode product join? …or just NTK owners?