Rules

This matter is consuming mental energy well beyond any imagination I thought I possessed…

If this don’t settle down soon I may have to leave my job… I need all the concentration I have to do the job I have…
If I don’t behave, I’ll end up in all the rocks-and-swamps I travel by everyday…

This ain’t good, at my age…
I’m very aware of that… and…

Bill…

p.s. It’s cutting into my Studio Creation time…

Bill,

Me and the Missus went through a similar thing several years ago when her mother died.
All I can say is, you have to do what you believe to be the right thing.
No one has to live with your conscience, other than you. It’s important.

Yes, it caused an almighty family row at the time, and only the solicitors benefited, but the alternative was to live with the guilt of knowing that the right thing had not been done, and the last wishes of a dying person had not been respected.

All of that is history now, and some of the scars still remain, but it was the right thing to do.

Steve

Hi Beefy Steve:

These things are tough to deal with…
We go down life’s road picking up life’s experiences, along-the-way, only to have them them thrown back at us…

Could there be a better way ????

It’s something like spitting into the wind…
:p
:)

Well…
Among, other things…

Bill…

Bill, you say that you are the only male left - is there someone contesting the will or wills? Anyway, being an executor is such an emotionally draining experience - I know firsthand - getting a lawyer is always the right thing to do and sure helps relieve the anxiety - esp. if it is cutting into music time!

Quote: (Beefy Steve @ Oct. 25 2009, 10:25 AM)

Bill,

No one has to live with your conscience, other than you. It's important.

Yes, it caused an almighty family row at the time, and only the solicitors benefited, but the alternative was to live with the guilt of knowing that the right thing had not been done, and the last wishes of a dying person had not been respected.

All of that is history now, and some of the scars still remain, but it was the right thing to do.

Steve

I am a joint executor and beneficiary of one estate and a beneficiary only, of the other estate..
But, it appears that the lawyers of both estates have intertwined both estates into one huge ball.. that's not right, in my opinion..

Being an Executor of a Will is a violation of one's principals..
Well.......

I realize that it very unfair to present only one view of a dispute.. How unfair that is, of me, Mark A..
sorry..

The language/understanding of both Wills are/is very secure, however, Males and Females interpret the language differently.. Well, in my opinion, they do..
The one Will has stood the test of two deaths and one exclusion..
Now,
all-of-a-sudden a counsel (of the other estate) has decided that the wording/language is no longer correct, or, the wording should be changed to benefit another understanding/language..
and to include the person who was excluded.. I believe that to be what they are saying, in-a-matter-of-speaking, (that being their contest)..
Well, that's my interpretation, at least..
I contend, it's incorrect to allow that.. as an executor.. AND. not being presented with all the facts, for whatever reason, I haven't been convinced to support that contest, yet.. and it's a conflict of interest for me, and I find myself "Caught In The Middle"..

Of Course, that's all In-a-Nutshell.. There's much more to it-all..
Well, it seems to me, to be..

With the positioning of the lawyers influence, in this matter, it now appears that my Uncle and my Mom's passing has taken on a very insignificant posture..

Sleepless nights, for me, are taking hold..

Bill..

Bill, you didn’t loose any sleep over that winning lottery ticket that you DIDN"T buy last month.
Go back to sleep goodbud
:agree:

It’s not me who has been excluded…

There’s a bequest in the one Will that states…
Anyone who makes/contests any portion of the Will will be excluded and any share they hope to receive will be returned to the Estate, to be divided amongst those who remain…

I believe that means, keep your mouth closed…

You’re correct…
Levi…

Go back to sleep…

:agree:

Bill…

That’s typical wording in a will and is included as as effort to prevent contests, usually greedy folks thinking they didn’t get enough, or how dare my dad give all that money to his cat…

If someone was left out and anyone else thinks they shouldn’t be, then maybe the best thing would be a see if all recipients will pitch in a little and make a gift. On the other hand, there may be good reasons someone was excluded. They need to live with it as a legitimate wish of the deceased. Anyone contesting, even on the part of someone not included, stands to loose their part - all of it. It’s the last wishes of our loved ones. Unless the will states exactly how funds are to be used (you can have this cash but you can’t give any to your wife’s dog or her mother) then it’s usually up to the recipient to do whatever they want with whatever they got. Of course, then you may get into gift tax issues.

As executor it’s your duty to see that the will is adhered to. On the other hand, if you have lawyers bugging you then you need to have a lawyer bug them back. It’s their job to bug people. It’s not yours.

Hi phoo:

Early on…
I made that suggestion…
It didn’t get greeted with much A-DO…
However it caused the lawyers to StIr…
Now they want in and take credit for the suggestion…

It’s awful what damage a buck-and-a-half can cause…

Time-might-tell…
Who Knows ????

The lawyers don’t seem to want to acknowledge and take credit for continuing to picking at scabs that should be left alone to heal…

There happens to be this Billy Currington song on the radio
rotation now…
Poppa Willis posted a link to it…
on another thread…
With just a few changes in the lyric phrases , it is the story line of what is happening here in real life…

Bill…

HUH! reading this would make anyone thing that you guys think women are difficult or summint! I mean, really…difficult! tut…women! tut tut…

ps:

The toilet seat is supposed to stay down…For starters, we don’t sprinkle when we tinkle so if anyone should be touching the seat it should be you guys, we both have a seat at times but only men need to use it up and anyhow…it’s common sense…gravity! :p

:laugh:
I've always thought it a good idea to fit a 'standing urinal' next to the loo - even a little one, for little geezers:-)

D'you reckon women folk could be convinced into ripping the seat and lid off?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shewee-...._edpp_i

Hey Bill! If my Dad hadn't had a lawyer, he'd have lost his share in the house that he'd bought with his brother when they were young. I was born there. My uncle had spent decades planning how to ommit my Dad from the will. There were too many executors and if it hadn't been for the correct balance of lawyers in each corner - then the lot would have been pissed into the pockets of the remaining legals.
I know the emotional side is ripping you apart but let the legals take care of the legal stuff.

"The toilet seat is supposed to stay down…"

I promise to leave it down if you promise to keep it warm. :laugh:

The first photo in This Link
shows the seat assembly in the up position…

Does that mean that this position is the standard acceptable position for the toilet seat to be in ????

I did a search for “Toilet Seat”
Up-or-Down…
I didn’t find anything related to that search…
Could be, I didn’t look hard-or-long enough…

Bill…

[EDIT] Hi TonyR:
Did your Dad and your Uncle ever come to terms after the dust settled ????

Quote: (woxnerw @ Oct. 28 2009, 8:34 AM)

The first photo in This Link
shows the seat assembly in the up position..

Does that mean that this position is the standard acceptable position for the toilet seat to be in ????

Obviously that picture is merely displayed with the seat up for the sole reason that it was intended for men to see (as a woman would never google such matters) and as men are the slower of the species, wikipedia decided it best to present the said toilet in a manner in which the man can relate to and can recognise as a toilet....I mean, lets face it...most men don't know what one looks like with the seat down, let alone how to put it down in the first place!

Angie? If the seat is down hows pup supposed to get a good drink for cryin out loud? :laugh:

Now…
Rob…

You pay good attention to this thread… :)

I believe there’s a Lesson-in-the-Learning Commin’ down pretty soon…

I see said the blind man…
Thank-ya… Ange…

Bill…
hehe…

http://gamescene.com/The_Urinal_Game_game.html

well I enjoyed it :slight_smile: