Ruutu scores!

:slight_smile:

Go Fins! :D

how bout them packers bro!!!lol:laugh:

How can you think about football when the World Cup of Hockey is over and now we face an NHL lockout? I’m too deep in morning, at least until next weekend. :)

Hi Tom:
I’d say the Cannucks were quite luck to leave the game in regular time with a one goal win… The game, as I saw it was… The Canadians played the game the Finns allowed them to play… It was a poor ending to the World Cup of Hockey…

The REAL game was the Czec game… …

It wasn’t like the Finns played a bad game… They played like, they had to… to allow the game to go as long as it did … It was in the Finn’s favor to leave each period in a tie… They could have just as easily scored the go-ahead, winning goal…

But, you know what… to win, you got to take chances and shoot the puck at the net… Every time the Finns did it, they scored…

I’d say the Cannucks were lucky to come away from that game, as winners…

That’s what I think…

Bill…

Hey Bill,

As a Canadian let me first say that I thought the outcome of the game was quite enjoyable. What else would I think? On the down side I felt that the game was played too much like an NHL game with the trap and all. They should have thrown defence out the door and gone for it (both teams) since it looks like this may be all we get this year! Oh yeh, one other thing. When you reference Canadians as “Cannucks” please spell it right! That’s Canuck, eh! Get it right or I’ll sick Todd Bertuzzi on you. Just kidding…

Go Leafs Go!

Chris

You are right Canada was very lucky. Good goaltending doesn’t hurt either. The Finns nearly took it. The quality of play at the international level is really something. I was sort of thinking, if we still had only 6 teams, we would find players like St. Louis on the 4th line. There is something to be said for that kind of depth. :)

chrisd, you are picking on a fellow Canuck there. :)

Hi Tom:
You’re right, Tom… It looked too much like an NHL game… But I was sure breathing easy when the final horn went. If it would have gone into overtime I think it would have favored the Finns… The good majority of the Finn Players are drafted into the NHL, anyway… I think the Finn goalie is the Tampa Bay goalie… So, between those two teams, the front line players on the ice were Stanley Cup winners…

It’s too bad there isn’t another North American Country… to make up the team roster for the number of teams entered… I would liked to have seen another US-Canada game…

I think we’ll be watching a lot of Bruce Lee Movies on the tube, this winter… :O :p