Sales/Support Contact

as above

Hello,

I paid for the upgrade to NT7 EX (34.00 I think it was) and FASoft accepted my Paypal payment, but then FAsoft sent me an automated reply saying my information didn’t align or something like that. I think I used two different email addresses (when I first paid for NT, and now/when I paid for upgrade). I replied to the FAsoft email with the registration codes and other info it requested but I’m wondering if there’s something else I can do to speed up a response? I have a project I’m trying to mix for Friday and now my nTrack is offline executing only as a demo version until I get the new upgrades codes.

my suggestion is to go back to an older version your codes work on for now till you get the response.

dontcare :cool:

Quote: (eyeheartnt @ Oct. 03 2012, 3:55 PM)

Hello,

I paid for the upgrade to NT7 EX (34.00 I think it was) and FASoft accepted my Paypal payment, but then FAsoft sent me an automated reply saying my information didn't align or something like that. I think I used two different email addresses (when I first paid for NT, and now/when I paid for upgrade).
I replied to the FAsoft email with the registration codes and other info it requested but I'm wondering if there's something else I can do to speed up a response? I have a project I'm trying to mix for Friday and now my nTrack is offline executing only as a demo version until I get the new upgrades codes.

Note that we are in located in Italy so we may have not answered for a few hours in case you ordered during the night.
Please let me know if you still haven't received a response from us (also check your spam folder).

Flavio.

Thank you Flavio, I’m a big fan of this software package and I was pleased to see my new codes in my Inbox this morning. I really appreciate the customer service.