Samson Drum Mics

Anyone had any experience?

Hey everyone,

I just had a quick question about Samson drum mics. I’m thinking about getting a set (the 7-piece one to be exact) so that I can have some mics that are taylored specifically for drums.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Should I just bite the bullet and wait until I can afford a better set of mics?

Thanks!
Drummer

I was choosing between the Samson drum mics and a similar kit from Audix. Both are around the $300 mark for a set of drum mics… 2 condensors, a kick, etc. I personally chose the Audix Fusion 6 set. I got it for a good deal on ebay. I don’t know if that helps you or not, but I have been very pleased with the Audix mic sound. You should of course recognize that you get what you pay for and these mics will sound good but not great, you won’t get a pair of matched condensors or anything like that for sure.

-pOd

I ended up going with the Samson mics because I found an awesome deal on them, and, after comparing specs, I thought the Samsons were a better fit. They had smoother response curves and were extended toward the high end.