Santana

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tmv35

Can be “played again” for a week.

Not here. Flippin’ IP geolocation. :disagree: Paid my BBC licence for 25+ years. Doh!

Soz dude. No biggeee for me to grab and cast it to you.

What’s a BBC license?

Quote: (TomS @ Jun. 08 2011, 5:27 PM)

What's a BBC license?

Can you imagine Sky taking you to court for NOT subscribing to them with the consequence of a
£2000 fine and a possible six months in prison?

Sky? You mean Eddie Little Sky?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Little_Sky

You mean you have to pay for it whether you want it or not?

Yep.
You own a TV you gotta pay. No option to refuse.

The BBC is a nationalised corporation and the novel way that it’s funded allows it to be commercial-free - No interruptions - Nice! It is also the largest broadcaster in the world and I love it. But!!! a legal requirement, in this day and age!? I’m not sure what the answer is. Voluntary subscription? It would die:-(

Communist Bastards :laugh:

The BBC are wonderful. When you don’t have the quality of (uninterrupted!) programming you realise how much value the licence is. I guess the problem with a free-to-air system like the BBC is how to police/fund it.

On a different note, it would be great it they oculd offer online subscriptions to the BBC iPlayer for those of us who are no longer in the UK, but I guess that would compromise their ability to sell their programming to other networks/countries.

Quote: (Mark A @ Jun. 09 2011, 5:51 PM)

The BBC are wonderful.
When you don't have the quality of (uninterrupted!) programming you realise how much value the licence is.
I guess the problem with a free-to-air system like the BBC is how to police/fund it.

On a different note, it would be great it they oculd offer online subscriptions to the BBC iPlayer for those of us who are no longer in the UK, but I guess that would compromise their ability to sell their programming to other networks/countries.

Yup. I don't watch much TV, I'm a radiohead, but I'm happy to pay for it, just for Dr Who and Later with Jools Holland:-)
Quote: (TonyR @ Jun. 10 2011, 1:00 PM)

Dr Who

Yes, and yes again. We get it here too a week or two after the UK, so as long as we can live with the "Dr Who was awesome tonight" comments from UK Facebook friends, we're fine.

The only (legal) way I know of to get Formula 1 here is on Sky Sport. The good news is that it's the Brundle/Coulthard/BBC commentary with the FIA live video feed (so sometimes the BBC show replays which get commentated on by Martin Brundle without us seeing the pics). We also don't get the BBC build-up (in fact we get no build up at all). I really miss Martin Brundle's grid-walk.
Quote: (Mark A @ Jun. 09 2011, 7:00 PM)

Quote: (TonyR @ Jun. 10 2011, 1:00 PM)

Dr Who

Yes, and yes again.
We get it here too a week or two after the UK, so as long as we can live with the "Dr Who was awesome tonight" comments from UK Facebook friends, we're fine.

The only (legal) way I know of to get Formula 1 here is on Sky Sport.
The good news is that it's the Brundle/Coulthard/BBC commentary with the FIA live video feed (so sometimes the BBC show replays which get commentated on by Martin Brundle without us seeing the pics).
We also don't get the BBC build-up (in fact we get no build up at all).
I really miss Martin Brundle's grid-walk.

Coool. Love the F1. It's time they let women in.

Well apparently there have been 5 female F1 drivers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_Formula_One_drivers) but only two ever started a race. Now, I’m saying nothing… :)

I’ve turned into a Hulu and Netflix junkie. At $8 a month each (or a little more actually) I’m happy to be be able to find TV and Movies I like when I want to watch them. It’s way cheaper than cable…except I need the internet connection from the cable company…oh well…I guess that’s the catch.

Anyway, both work on the laptop/pc and xbox. I hope some day to not need Comcast/Xfinity, or whatever they are calling themselves these days.

It’s nice to be watching 1936 Flash Gordon these days.

Re. BBC…Its actually very surprising the difference it makes to have no annoying ad breaks every ten minutes
:agree:

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Jun. 10 2011, 12:59 AM)

Re. BBC...Its actually very surprising the difference it makes to have no annoying ad breaks every ten minutes