Saving or Compressing to WAVE file

…I downloaded the Trial version of N-track…The software ROCKS, it was solid and stable…
So i decided to buy it…but now that i have the registered version…I havent be able to save any of my work…im so pissed off…

can someone help me here…i have the the last version for the MAC…heres the problem

I used Ntrack to record a preachin at my local church,when i finish i go to SAVE AS/.wave
then a window opens, so i press START…

…and there is where the problem start…It FREEZES so i loss of my work, then i have to FORCE QUIT Ntrack… i dont know what to do…i click SAVE and the same thing, also as an MP3 file, but i get the same, it freezes everything it hits 5% or less…

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE

Well as you know the trial and registered versions of ntrack are the same product so there shouldn’t be any surprises.

But I wonder. Recording a sermon. I bet it was long. And long wav files are BIG. eg stereo wav at 44.1khz 16bit is around 10Mb per minute. So a 30 minute sermon would be around 3000Mb.

Now, when you save/process/copy such a large file it won’t happen quickly even on a super fast computer. Sometimes this gives the impression that the programme has “frozen”. Seen many users reach for CNTL-ALT-DEL after a few seconds and reporting that the software had “frozen”.

Take a look at your harddrive light. I bet it’s on like crazy. Try leaving for longer next time and see what happens.

But the good news is that n-track creates a wav of what you are recording as you go. That file will be on your harddrive. The n-track project only refers to that file. So your work may not be lost.

HTH

Mark

If the hard drive in your Mac is Fat32 File structure, the maximum file size for a single file will be 4 Gig.

PACO

Quote: (GarciaTavo @ Feb. 20 2011, 8:59 PM)

...I downloaded the Trial version of N-track....The software ROCKS, it was solid and stable..
So i decided to buy it...but now that i have the registered version..I havent be able to save any of my work...im so pissed off...

can someone help me here...i have the the last version for the MAC..heres the problem

I used Ntrack to record a preachin at my local church,when i finish i go to SAVE AS/.wave
then a window opens, so i press START......

....and there is where the problem start....It FREEZES so i loss of my work, then i have to FORCE QUIT Ntrack... i dont know what to do...i click SAVE and the same thing, also as an MP3 file, but i get the same, it freezes everything it hits 5% or less...

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE

I was able to reproduce a freezing when mixing down (i.e. saving as .wav) in the latest Mac build.
Please try to see if the problem is fixed in build 2704:
Click to Download

Flavio.