Saving Settings and Getting Recording Levels

Hello,

This seems pretty simple, but I can’t seem to find how to do this in n-track. IS there some way to save your favorite settings for effects or for each new track added in N-Track? For example, what if I wanted a compressor on each track with the default setting, and on the master track I want a Multiband compressor with the maximize setting. IS there some way to save this? I hate having to do this for each new song.

Also, I have noticed that I can’t get any recording input levels until I go to the preferences dialog box. I don’t even have to change anything in the preferences, just going there seems to activate the input recording volume levels. As anyone else noticed this, is that how it is supposed to work?

Troy

For having certain effects set up all the time, there are a couple routes. One is to use Always-On Effects; this is a new feature in version 4. I haven’t used version 4 much because my computer is too slow, so I’m afraid I can’t say much about it. But that’s something for you to investigate.

The other way would just be to create a new, empty session, set it up exactly how you want it, and then use it as a template for future recordings.

I’ve also heard it recommended that you start from scratch every time, rather than automatically insert the same plugins every time. This forces you to consider what plugins to use based on each song’s particular requirements. But of course that’s a subjective decision.

The problem with recording levels sounds like it might be a bug, either in n-Track or in your sound-card’s driver. What build of n-Track are you running (under Help->About), and what kind of soundcard do you have?

Hey Aikan

I am using a Dell Laptop with version 4.0.4. I am not sure of the sound card. Whatever the standard Dell Laptop soundcard is, I guess, I couldn’t find it in the device manager listing.

Also, I can’t really find the Always-On feature for the effects. Anyone know where that is?

Can’t-Find-Anything-Troy