saving to sgw packed song file ???

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Feb. 10 2009, 1:51 PM)

Quote:

Will "I'm not surprised." do?

Confirmed

R U sure that windows isn't only identifying the symptoms? There might be somethin goin on with your comp.

Nope- I drive it hard is all, and I expect it to do all I tell it to. The problem reports is one feature I really like about Vista. I’m just a demanding user I guess. Most of the problems were DX related. Majority others were the old VSC - Roland. Crashes were all ‘unidentified’.

To address Levi, yes the crash is the symptom. At that point it’s about all you got, except the EXACT steps leading up to the crash. The good info is in the reports. That’s not terribly useful for us, but it can pinpoint the problem quick right often to those that know how to read them. The down side is that we don’t usually get reverse reports letting us know it was something outside the app that caused crashed. Then again, something like memory corruption can cause just about any app to crash at any time for no obvious reason at all. Those are a PAIN to track down, and usually don’t repro the same way on different systems.

PW it could be all that wine your drinkin cosing you to push your comp to the outer regions?
???
:p

Memory corruption?
What’s that bad sectors?

Quote: (DEAD CERTAIN @ Feb. 10 2009, 4:04 PM)

Quote:

not a dig but just a knee jerk response to "doesn't surprise me" or whatever the comment was

Sorry. That was rather crass. I was just being truthful though. It seems a new build comes out with three or four things busted. Where's the quality control? Are the users IT and that's ALL their is?

I do apologize.

D

You know what? I can't let this go. If I offend, I'm sorry. I am just being honest.

In my experience, the "doesn't surprise me" comment is absolutely justified. n-Track crashes, stuff in it doesn't work properly etc... etc... I CANNOT do anything with it without some kind of major drama that I do not need. A new build is released, "Hurrah! We have MIDI clips!" BUT six or seven other things are broken and a few bugs that have been around since Ugg dropped the first round rock on his big toe, are STILL FREAKIN' HERE! Conversely, I can recall only a few times Reaper has crashed on me. The last build I tried of n-Track exceeded that in the first HOUR.

You guys deserve better for your money. This is a RELEASE build. Not an Alpha, not a Beta, yet basic functions are messed up? Does Flavio hammer in some code, call it a release, upload it and then go to bed without testing things himself? For crying out loud!

DEMAND BETTER.

Bash me if you will... I don't give a d@#n...

D
Quote: (Levi @ Feb. 10 2009, 4:33 PM)

Quote: (DEAD CERTAIN @ Feb. 10 2009, 4:04 PM)

Where's the quality control?

Your it slacker, what? You think this is a holiday?
I mean who better to do quality control than the deadmun?

I have no problem with what you’re saying D - you know that - it was just the “timing and tone” of it that torqued my rotisserie. I don’t expect Flavio to run through every single click there is in n-track before he posts it and I have never written a line of code in my life so I can’t say what goes on in that area to what is affected by changes and additions. Sorry I said a word now… I won’t ever again.

:laugh: Man you didn't say anything that should offend anyone.
In fact one of the pleasures of being an old fart is the fact that you can tell people off. Get busy! Wait a min, I'm not on your case lol But seriously the deadmun must be having one of them there days. Again ??? *snicker*

I hope that he comes back wearing a cowboy hat this time :laugh:

I just don’t like to think I upset or bothered a brother and friend is all. I’m not your typical old fart ya know.

I am. :laugh:

No worries gents. I am frustrated at your frustration is all…

No programmer is perfect. I realize that but sheesh. This is why I quit on n. Really.

Peace, love, hugs all around. I’m the one who should keep his pie hole shut. :)

D

Did it save with changing the name Poppa? Mine is saving sporadic, I don’t know what’s up with this.
Maybe another Vista thang. I dunno.
Maybe another Yaz thang. More than likely.

I’m your typical ol fart that can’t work a darn thing that requires technology.
Technology, wow, I thought the doctor gave me a cream to clear that up!

Yes - if you type the .sgw extension it saves it as such

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Feb. 11 2009, 9:04 AM)

Yes - if you type the .sgw extension it saves it as such

I've always relied on a .sng file or the generic default song file save. Why your interest in an sgw file?

sgw’s are compressed to send to folks over the net. saves all the files (wavs) into one handy dandy file.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Feb. 11 2009, 12:06 PM)

sgw's are compressed to send to folks over the net. saves all the files (wavs) into one handy dandy file.

Oh ok, ya I've not used that ever.

Thx

Ok I think I can join the ranks of you who are getting a bit annoyed with this V6. I’m waiting on a bug report for crossfade anvelope and NOW I can’t save a packed song file either. I’m using XP so it’s not windows at fault.

Just to explain why this packed song file is very useful to me - sometimes I might do lots and lots of takes of a song and resave in a folder with different song names ( take 564 with extra reverb on hihat and backwards clarinet etc ) until I get it right…then I expect to be able to save that song and scoop up all of the differently named files it uses in that folder to take to a clean drive and finish off mixing.

I’ll try renaming the file and see if that works. Gah!!

It takes a little practice at first but nTrack v6 does this very well.