SBLive and Delta 44

can they coexist?

I just bought a Delta 44 and tried to install it along my old SBLive, thinking it would serve as MIDI IN only. After installing the delta 44 I can’t no longer install the SBLive.

Somebody with a similar setup can offer some suggestions?

Thanks,
Loauc.

Try putting them in different PCI slots. What other PCI cards are in the machine? Try removing any other that can be removed temporarily (can’t remove video is it’s your only video but you can remove a modem or net card as an experiment). See what combinations work.

Turn off motherboard stuff if you can.

Even if they install there could still be a conflict if things aren’t just right. They should be able to work together though.

I run both cards in my DAW. The SB Live was there first and I just installed the 44 and loaded the drivers. So they do work together.

I’m not sure what you mean by “After installing the delta 44 I can’t no longer install the SBLive.” You shouldn’t need to re-install the Live.

If you remove the Delta, does the Live spring back into life?

Try Phoo’s suggestions of moving the cards. Perhaps the Live became unseated when you installed the Delta, or perhaps if you move them it will just prompt Windows into seeing both cards.

HTH

Mark

Hi ,I’ve got a soundblaster and a delta together.
I allways install the SB first then the 44 afterwards which works for me.

Hmmm … I had them together a while ago … and finally threw the SBLive out of my kit. I was never able to succesfully synchronise them. They did work OK in a sort of “standalone” mode.

After replacing the SBLive with an AudioPhile 2496 all went super !

Ludo

Quote (Mark A @ Sep. 15 2004,00:31)
I'm not sure what you mean by "After installing the delta 44 I can't no longer install the SBLive." You shouldn't need to re-install the Live.

Hi Mark, when I installed the delta a message appeared at startup saying that KX drivers need to be reinstalled and windows prompted me to install the delta and then another card (which I suppose is the SBLive).

Today I'm going to move them to different slots. Hope it will work.

Regards,
Loauc.
Quote (Mark A @ Sep. 15 2004,00:31)
I'm not sure what you mean by "After installing the delta 44 I can't no longer install the SBLive." You shouldn't need to re-install the Live.

Hi Mark, when I installed the delta a message appeared at startup saying that KX drivers need to be reinstalled and windows prompted me to install the delta and then another card (which I suppose is the SBLive).

Today I'm going to move them to different slots. Hope it will work.

Regards,
Loauc

Ah!.... The KX drivers. I have used those drivers but I reverted back to the "normal" driver, so I can only really say that I'm using a Live and a Delta with "normal" drivers.

Hope the moving cards thing works for you

Mark

They are now working. Here’s what I did:

- Took out the Delta, hoping everything would be as usual.
- After a restart, I didn’t have SB nor Delta
- Moved SB to a different PCI slot
- Windows recognized the SBLive and installed generic drivers
- Put again the Delta
- As everything seemed OK switched to the latest KX drivers for SB
- Everything is working right now

Only thing I had to adjust was my preferred devices under Control Panel > Sound devices.

Thank you all for your help, the thing that did the trick was to use different PCI slots.

Regards,
Loauc.